I258 Carb - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > I258 Carb

ECGS Black Friday Sale!!6th Annual, Beat Your Wife to the Credit Card Sale!50 in light bar /A pillar mount less than 500 at JeepHut.c

Unread 09-16-2004, 08:39 AM   #1
txspaderz

I258 Carb

All right, you guys have helped so much, I have another question.
Best Carb for a 258???
I want a weber, but not looking to spend that much money. I heard motorcraft makes good Carb's, but I rather have the opinion of the Jeep Guru's out here.
Thanks

12000 Warn Winch (recently ripped apart hauling my jeep out of a mud hole)
T-176 Tranny, stock 4 Speed
Cherry apple red
txspaderz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-16-2004, 09:57 AM   #2
j-man

get a motorcraft out of an old ford. they supposedly work better than the webers and cause less problems. im running fine on my carter right now, but i can tell somethings about to mess up on it... its about that time of month hahahaahahah
pioneer cd deck, sony xplode speakers
cragar rims/30" continental

soon to come:
2.5 spring lift
1" body
31" tires (i like fender clearance :) )

[COLOR=Red]Red Jeep Club #297[/COLOR]
j-man is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-16-2004, 10:27 AM   #3
jadams68
1984 CJ7 

They both perform equally with regards to idle and road performance.
The Weber is new parts, the MC2100 is a junkyard grab so that's the price explanation.

You should also purchase an extra $100 worth of parts for the 2100s which include the intake adapter (mr gasket makes it), a motorcraft 2100/2150 rebuild kit (considering your carb sat in a junkyard for 10 years or more), and a new air filter assembly.

Our crew runs both... We can't recommend one over the other except that for those of us that weren't on a budget, the Weber worked out quicker, cleaner and we like new parts :-)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.