i took the dash off now there is a prob - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > i took the dash off now there is a prob

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits Rough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!

Unread 09-24-2002, 08:28 PM   #16
yj7redlion

per the above, i would eb willign to put money on it being the tach, my 78 did the same thing and no one belived me. if you want to by pass it just hook the two i belive it's red wires off the tacjh together. is houdl fire right up.

Unread 09-25-2002, 11:45 AM   #17
onesojourner

Its running like a champ thanks a bunch guys.
onesojourner is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-25-2002, 08:50 PM   #18
hollywood

Hey Infedel, How do you do a Nutter Bypass and not use the ignition module? All the Nutter does is bypass the electronic engine control unit.
hollywood is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-25-2002, 10:30 PM   #19
Infedel

Nutter Bypass

What I did was hook the distributor output to the MSD input (can't remember wire colors at the moment; if you need details i can go look). The MSD takes care of everything. No more stock ignition module, no more computer. Since I don't have to worry about emissions in my county, I've been able to eliminate those sensors and simplify the vacume lines. I'm still chasing down a bug though. Haven't caught it yet. The distributor isn't properly advancing during acceleration. I made a post in the engine section, but never got a reply. Basically, I'm trying to turn the engine into a pre '78 setup.
Infedel is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.