I need a transfer case shifter lever for my CJ - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > I need a transfer case shifter lever for my CJ

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits

Unread 09-20-2002, 09:31 PM   #16
CSP

Quote:
Originally posted by jeepin cj-5
Does anyone know how to decide what kind of case it is by the numbers on it? I never got any numbers that said exactly like d 20 I am clueless. How do I tell?
Did you miss the part in my earlier response where I said that '72-75 will have a Dana 20? You said it's a '72, so it's a dana 20. BulletproofCJ7 also gave you a link to a great site which lists the equipment in CJ's year by year. There are pictures there if you'll check it out. www.jeeptech.com will also have all kinds of info.

I wouldn't go so far as to say you're clueless, but you really need to use the info that's already ben provided. The answer has been here for a while.

Just for future reference a Dana 20 has the rear output directly behind the input from the tranny. A Dana 18 has the rear output offset to the right. It is directly in line with the output to the front axle.

Last edited by CSP; 09-20-2002 at 09:33 PM..
CSP is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.