I need a transfer case shifter lever for my CJ - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > I need a transfer case shifter lever for my CJ

NEW!! HMF 50"-52" light bar mounting brackets!! The ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! BroughHuge Soft top Sale

Unread 09-07-2002, 01:43 PM   #1
jeepin cj-5

I need a transfer case shifter lever for my CJ

Does anyone know where to find the shifter lever for the transfer case on a CJ-5 .. i rebuilt my trans and now i am missing that lever.

jeepin cj-5 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-07-2002, 07:50 PM   #2
jeepdaddy2000
1971 CJ5 

southern Oregon 4x4. 1-541-826-3149.
jeepdaddy2000 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-07-2002, 09:22 PM   #3
rebelcj7

not to be an A$$ but it would hlep if you listed what t case you had, is it stock? or did yuo swap in one of the millions of t cases around? that would deff help there buddy

**MoROC Presidient**
rebelcj7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-07-2002, 10:21 PM   #4
jeepin cj-5

Well if it was aftermarket I would make a note of that.... me not making any note means it is given that it is stock.
Unread 09-08-2002, 09:48 AM   #5
rebelcj7

Being aftermarket or not has nothing to do with it, if you said aftermarket id think atlas, but you simply said t case, which could lead to any one of them.
If you had said STOCK then thats cool..
ok so you got a d 20 a and you want stock replacement or aftermarket? if you want stock, you can find em about anywhere..
as far as aftermarket a buddy of mine makes the twin shift kits for the d20, check him out, i think there 100 bucks..
Missouri 4 Wheelers Supply D20 Twin Shift Kits

**MoROC Presidient**
Unread 09-08-2002, 04:44 PM   #6
CSP

Just because it's a CJ5 does not limit it to just one available shifter. It could have a Dana 20 or a Dana 300 depending on the year. Neither use the same shifter. The Dana 20 can have two different types of shifters also. You wanted us to assume that it wasn't aftermarket just because you assumed that all stock were the same. Don't assume anything and provide all pertinent info!
CSP is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-08-2002, 04:57 PM   #7
rebelcj7

Exactly my point, no single brand of vehicle came with only one certain t case, some 5's also came with d18...
while, when someone does say 5, i usually assume a d20, it came with the majority of them.
try the year of the vehicle, tranny, t case etc, and jus becvause u havent swapped em out, and when u bought the jeep u were told its stock dont mean its stock for that specific year vehicle, a lil more info would certainly help out..
And as for the d20 having 2 types of shifters, yes that is true, but int he cj5 or7, if it is STOCK d20 they are the same shifters, only difference in them is when u go to fsj's

**MoROC Presidient**
Unread 09-08-2002, 09:18 PM   #8
CSP

Quote:
Originally posted by rebelcj7
And as for the d20 having 2 types of shifters, yes that is true, but int he cj5 or7, if it is STOCK d20 they are the same shifters, only difference in them is when u go to fsj's
Very true. As you mentioned a prior owner could have swapped anything in. That's why I mentioned it. I didn't even think about pre-72 CJ's or the Dana 18.
Unread 09-08-2002, 09:22 PM   #9
rebelcj7

CSP, Yeah i had forgotten bout the 2 types until you mentioned it also.. and the different types, i forget as well at times..

Quote:
Well if it was aftermarket I would make a note of that.... me not making any note means it is given that it is stock
so again, jeepin dood, what t case u got??

**MoROC Presidient**
Unread 09-16-2002, 10:09 PM   #10
jeepin cj-5

Sorry Fellas didnt mean to come off so ignorant...I am noy sure at this point what case it is but it is stock running behind a t-14 trans...I dunno if this means anything but i was mainly just lookin for a site.. I will find out which case it is shortly.
Unread 09-17-2002, 05:35 AM   #11
Bulletproofcj7

http://www.off-road.com/jeep/swb/articles/specgrid.htm
Heres a site that may help you identify what you have, complete with pictures.
1982 cj7. Frame off. shell valley kevlar body, stainless hinges, Bestop seats and supertop, KC titanium lights, Homemade swing out tire carrier with spare front wheel bearings/hub, Built 304,DUI,Edelbrock shorty headers with dual stainless 21/2 tubes into incynerator cans 21/4 dumped out the back,Edelbrock 600cfm, performer intake and cam, Borgeson lower column, Centerforce clutch, NV-4500, Dana 300 w/custom built twin stick, Homade 1/4" steel skid plate, 2.5 soft ride w/ 1" shackle lift, 33x12.5 mtr's. Stainless fuel and brake lines, Braided hoses. more...
Bulletproofcj7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-17-2002, 09:37 AM   #12
CSP

Quote:
Originally posted by jeepin cj-5
Sorry Fellas didnt mean to come off so ignorant...I am noy sure at this point what case it is but it is stock running behind a t-14 trans...I dunno if this means anything but i was mainly just lookin for a site.. I will find out which case it is shortly.
Well the easiest thing you can do is tell us what year the Jeep is. So far you still haven't done that. The T14 helps narrow it down, but it was used with two possible transfer cases. The '72-75 CJs with the T14 will have a Dana 20 behind them. Older than '72 CJ's with a T14 will have a Dana 18 behind them. If your original post had included the year you could have had an answer by now.
Unread 09-17-2002, 07:54 PM   #13
jeepin cj-5

Ok the reason I sound so worthless is that my jeep aint at my house, its at my grandfathers so I cant look at it. I do know this, its a 72 CJ5 with a T-14 trans.
Unread 09-19-2002, 08:29 AM   #14
redhat6161
2005 TJ Wrangler 

www.oly4x4.com
anything you want, got a hard to find t-18 shifter from them
redhat6161 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-20-2002, 06:23 PM   #15
jeepin cj-5

Does anyone know how to decide what kind of case it is by the numbers on it? I never got any numbers that said exactly like d 20 I am clueless. How do I tell?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.