i need a source on a transmission cable - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > i need a source on a transmission cable

Smittybilt Products at Oconee Off-Road!Alloy USA Still AvailableCurrie Currectlync Steering Upgrade Kits and Currie Anti-R

Unread 07-12-2012, 05:57 PM   #1
John87
1985 CJ7 

i need a source on a transmission cable

this was my FIRST time wheeling my cj.

i melted the transmission shifter cable on my jeep today. it was rubbing against the header and melted through. of course i was off roading and came to a dead end, stopped, then couldnt shift into reverse, or any gear, and had to have my buddy jake tow me out backwards with his jk unlimited. i wasnt able to shift out of park, and discovered this. after it cooled off i wrapped it in electrical tape, then gorilla tape, bam, it worked. i used the tape to re-create the sleeve. this is what the tape looked like after about 45 more minutes of driving home. i think the gorilla tape held up pretty good.

so, where would i find a cable, the trans is the TF999, and it has the POS B+M shifter in it. and yes, this is just the excuse i need to swap my cj back to a 4spd, but unfortunately its been a dry summer and the money tree is shriveled up.

this is the only thing ive been able to find, but it says it wont work on the TF999
http://www.quadratec.com/products/80814.htm

John87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-13-2012, 07:57 PM   #2
John87
1985 CJ7 

bump
John87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-13-2012, 08:19 PM   #3
VACJ7
Hockey Rules!

1984 CJ7 

Not sure why they say will not fit the 999. It fits the 904 and the 904 and 999 have basically the same case. Anyway, if it were mine I would look for a part number on the cable and/or call B&M directly with the model shifter and see what they say. Did you check their web site for a replacement? Summit also has universal cables. http://www.summitracing.com/parts/BMM-80604/
Unread 08-21-2013, 08:04 PM   #4
rksnow1
2008 JK Wrangler 

Hi, I know this is a Year old post but did you ever find the shift cable you needed. I just did a TF999 swap into my jeep and am looking for the same cable but not having any luck. Any part number, manufacuter ect would be helpful.

thanks again
rksnow1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.