I need info on a steering gear box for 1980 CJ-7 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > I need info on a steering gear box for 1980 CJ-7

CurrieSavvy Billet LED Tail LightsStainless Steel Door Hinge Pins

Unread 01-06-2002, 03:46 PM   #1
deeahanna123

I need info on a steering gear box for 1980 CJ-7

My brother is working on his jeep and wanted me to get online and find out information on a steering gear box for a 1980 CJ-7. He needs to know the cost and if there is any other year besides 1980 that will fit. I hope someone can help me. deeahanna123

deeahanna123 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-06-2002, 09:38 PM   #2
dmflower

He should be able to get a remanufactured won at most auto parts stores. I recently did a power steering conversion on my 79 cj-5 and I got one for 200.00 with a core trade in. If he wants to find a junkyard one there should be a lot of other years that fit. The tech guys at four wheel drive hardware are pretty knowledgeable and helpful their website is www.fourwheeldrivehardware.com. The number is
1-800-333-5535
dmflower is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-06-2002, 09:44 PM   #3
CJ Lover

1980-86 CJ boxes are the same. A new factory type replacement costs $180 for manual steering and $290 for power steering. The Super Box (which I have and is a great investment) is $350 or $370 depending on which type you buy. I'm sure they have the boxes on thier wewbsite 4wd.com
Unread 01-10-2002, 05:17 AM   #4
Guy Hollister

As long as its LHD !

Mines RHD and iv been doing backflips to try and find one... quotes of $1200 from Willys Overland !!!! ARGGHHHH.

In the end im getting it recon'd for USD$210 or GBP160. OUCH.

Oh and if anyone else out there decides to take their Jeep to Dave Sargent in Doncaster - they better be prepared to get the work done all over again - as he is ****.

g

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.