I NEED HELP! (Please?!) - Page 7 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > I NEED HELP! (Please?!)

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy Aluminum BumpersThe RuffStuff "I can't go to EJS" Sale!

Unread 06-29-2011, 07:32 PM   #91
CrescentMoon
1978 CJ5 

Well, the shop called me this afternoon... To let me know that the MC is bad. (again). So, that's 2 brand new SSBC MCs (not reman) that have been "bad". This is BS! I'm beyond frustrated with SSBC! UGH! Oh, and SSBC doesn't want to go through Quadratec (where we bought the kit), instead they said that they want to deal with me directly... But, the guy I'm suppose to deal with isn't answering his phone & hasn't returned any messages. GREAT!

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum

CrescentMoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-29-2011, 08:13 PM   #92
JeepHammer
Running On Empty...
1973 CJ5 

REFUND! Ask for a RMA for the ENTIRE load of crap you purchased from them,
Tell them the guys on ALL the internet forums are telling you to get a refund and go somewhere else...

Ask for the name of the OWNER of the company, and send the email/message to him...

See how long it takes for him to return your calls!
JeepHammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-29-2011, 10:12 PM   #93
chet44
Web Wheeler
1985 CJ7 

Or you could post their e-mail address and we can start a campaign.
chet44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-30-2011, 06:12 AM   #94
bkeese
1949 CJ3A 

Hammer is right. When I get pissed I don't talk to anyone unless they have a VP after their name. It is surprising how fast the MISunderstanding will get cleared up. Explain it once and let the stuff roll down hill on their side of the fence.
Unread 06-30-2011, 07:00 AM   #95
JeepHammer
Running On Empty...
1973 CJ5 

I'm with CHET, once they start seeing posts from the Forum, and we stress this is a MILITARY person on limited budget...
I bet things REALLY start moving right away!

I'm IN!
Just say the word!

Bkeese is also correct, there is NOTHING like starting at the top and letting things roll down hill,
If you don't get satisfaction on the FIRST call, it's time to contact the 'Boss' and let him know something isn't working in the 'Tech/Warranty' department...

If they STILL don't respond, you would be surprised how fast a link to the forums blasting their products will get a rise out of them!

I do suggest you start a new thread we can use to forward to them, explaining all the problems you have had with their products.
Nothing gets a company moving like 'Bad Press' from an actual user!

Link the new thread so we can find it, and let me know, I'll be the 'Concerned Forum User' that forwards it to the company if you like, doesn't hurt my feeling one bit!

Places that do this are a blight on companies that try to do the 'Right' thing, get top quality TESTED products out to the company, and stand behind their warranties!

There is no way you should be paying for return shipping, they should send out replacements second day air,
And you should be getting SOMETHING, even if it's just hats or 'T' shirts when they have to warranty something.

At some point, we even pick up install costs for the replacment parts...
Usually in the form of refund checks...

With 'Good' companies, 'Warranty' products go out at the head of the line,
With 'Bad' companies, 'Warranty' products wait until all the ca$h producing products get shipped out...

Our warranty guys have instructions to wrap parts in T shirts, throw in hats, key chains, ect.
I know it's hokey, but if ONE part is bad, usually T shirts will smooth over the issues,
And WE DO issue call tags for the bad parts so the buyer doesn't have to lay out cash to ship back to us...

If it happens again, the box usually has a check in it, or a credit on their account. T shirts don't cover TWO BAD PRODUCTS in a row! Time to break out CASH!

You should at the VERY LEAST get that extended rear brake line for free after all this!
The bad master cylinder cost you a proportioning valve you probably didn't need, so it's the LEAST they can do, and I'll be glad to put that in an E-mail if this thing goes forward...
JeepHammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-30-2011, 07:01 AM   #96
hdfIII
2000 TJ Wrangler 

In this case crap runs uphill, as a customer service rep even the thought of the boss being involved usually gets attention and results. Also you have to realize with all the folks on this forum get started on a e-mail program this will no longer be a issue
hdfIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-02-2011, 10:28 PM   #97
CrescentMoon
1978 CJ5 

Wow! I just want all of you to know that I really appreciate everything! I finally spoke with 'Dave' at SSBC... he told us to bench bleed the MC again starting on the motor side. It's still bad... Anyway, I guess I'll press forward next week! I will let all of you know how I decide to proceed!
As of right now... I'm slightly intoxicated! So, I'm certainly not working on my Jeep. My little sister got married tonight!

image-1910237693.jpg  
Unread 07-05-2011, 07:37 AM   #98
bkeese
1949 CJ3A 

Wendy, Please don't forget you can "Bench Bleed" while it is still mounrted on the vehicle. Just disconnect the lines and use the adaptors (hoses) back into the resevoirs. Ask you hubby to pump the brakes and you watch for bubbles (roll reversal), after all it's your jeep.
Unread 07-05-2011, 09:39 PM   #99
CrescentMoon
1978 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkeese
Wendy, Please don't forget you can "Bench Bleed" while it is still mounrted on the vehicle. Just disconnect the lines and use the adaptors (hoses) back into the resevoirs. Ask you hubby to pump the brakes and you watch for bubbles (roll reversal), after all it's your jeep.
We tried that before I dropped the Jeep off with the mechanic. And, had no luck. The mechanic tried bench bleeding it twice, also. That's when he decided to tear the MC down to see what the real problem was.... Anyway, it's still in the shop. Today was another day of trying to reach 'Dave' @ SSBC. I never got him though. I'll try again tomorrow.

Unread 07-30-2011, 05:43 PM   #100
CrescentMoon
1978 CJ5 

Just an update:
I FINALLY have brakes! The mechanic that I took the Jeep to, ordered another MC and bled the brakes to ensure that the 2 SSBC MC's were actually the problem. And, yes, they were. He torn apart the SSBC MC's and combined parts to make 1 good MC. I really didn't think I got anywhere talking to SSBC, but as it turns out- they sent me a check for $100! So, Quadratec has refunded me $200 & now SSBC refunded $100, total of $300 off of $999! I'm ok with that. I can't say that I'll ever buy their products again... But, I'm not pissed off anymore.
Anyway, it just cost me $200 to get the brake issue sorted out, put new clamps on all the brake lines, mount all 5 new wheels, change the seals and gaskets on the transfer case, and several other little tasks! Not too bad, I guess!
Thanks for all of the support!!!!

Unread 07-30-2011, 06:58 PM   #101
Ken4444
Corripe Cervisiam

1985 CJ7 

Excellent. Thanks for posting the follow up on the whole story. Congrats on your sister's wedding!
Unread 08-03-2011, 08:04 PM   #102
CrescentMoon
1978 CJ5 

Proof of Life

Now for these 100-118 degree days to go away! I can't wait to drive it Saturday! 50% chance of rain but, a high of 90!

image-4160911125.jpg   image-1755810789.jpg  
Unread 08-04-2011, 05:54 AM   #103
bkeese
1949 CJ3A 

[QUOTE=CrescentMoon;11964097]Proof of Life QUOTE]

It looks DOA in the driveway, just like mine! Proof of Life would be a picture of you driving it with wind in your hair and a great big cheesy smile. That's what I want to see.

Enjoy, it been tougher then it should have been. Just think of all the brake questions you can now answer on the JeepForum.
Unread 08-04-2011, 05:57 PM   #104
CrescentMoon
1978 CJ5 

HAHA! Good point! (both of them!)
I'll work on that!!!

Unread 08-05-2011, 07:06 AM   #105
alljagged24
1985 CJ7 

Proof of life usually has a pic with a current news clipping, but since its summer we will settle for a bikini pic......lmao couldn't resist ,thanks for serving our country so we are free to ride in or cj's with or without the bikini top (one the jeep) thanks again and enjoy!!!!!!
alljagged24 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.