I NEED HELP! (Please?!) - Page 18 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > I NEED HELP! (Please?!)

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectJeep Tweaks at JeepHutSteering and more from Ruffstuff!

Unread 05-08-2013, 01:47 PM   #256
Synonymous
1983 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrescentMoon View Post
I'll check the lights & see what I can figure out about the gauges not working. I drove it to work today! 😃 It's awesome!

The sound bar was framed w/ MDF & thin wood strips, then covered w/ fleece, & stapled in place. The speaker holes are slightly raised & framed individually inside the overall frame. After the shape was right, it was completely coated w/ fiberglass resin (soaked). He wrapped the roll bars w/ aluminum foil to keep it from sticking & covered the interior of the jeep w/ plastic. Then the wet sound bar mold was placed on the roll bars where it would be attached (later). We fill both of my ammo cans w/ nuts & bolts to use as weights... We wrapped them both in foil & placed one on each end of the sound bar. The next day, after it had dried/ hardened completely, he sanded it smooth & made the cut-outs for the speakers & LED light bar/ switch. After sanding, he used some left over paint from the jeep & painted it to match. The speakers, light bar, & switch were installed on the sound bar & then the wires were run through the roll bar.
Does that help???
Yes! Turned out great!

Synonymous is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-08-2013, 02:04 PM   #257
Synonymous
1983 CJ7 

BTW, when I replaced my speedo and had all the bulbs out, I replaced the colored ones with these and they are awesome and should last virtually forever. Got this idea from somewhere on this forum.

http://www.superbrightleds.com/morei...-bulb-4-led/6/

I got 2 Green ones for the signals, 1 Amber for the Four Wheel Drive, 1 Red for the brake and 1 Blue for hi-beams. Eventually, I'll replace the illumination bulbs with a strip of adhesive LEDs to brighten up the whole face. The strip I have will even dim with the headlight dimmer switch.

Highly recommend the led replacements.
Synonymous is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-08-2013, 02:48 PM   #258
bkeese
1949 CJ3A 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synonymous View Post
This pic shows the gauge housing was removed… http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/attac...3120392895.jpg

The lights are in the wrong sockets.

ETA: I'm not a Yellow fan but that is an awesome looking rig. How did you make the sound bar?
But then again....

Unread 05-08-2013, 08:11 PM   #259
waterdowg
1984 CJ7 

I see a future CJ of the Month winner here.
waterdowg is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-09-2013, 06:14 AM   #260
CrescentMoon
1978 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synonymous
BTW, when I replaced my speedo and had all the bulbs out, I replaced the colored ones with these and they are awesome and should last virtually forever. Got this idea from somewhere on this forum.

I got 2 Green ones for the signals, 1 Amber for the Four Wheel Drive, 1 Red for the brake and 1 Blue for hi-beams. Eventually, I'll replace the illumination bulbs with a strip of adhesive LEDs to brighten up the whole face. The strip I have will even dim with the headlight dimmer switch.

I like this!!! I see a new purchase in my future... Thanks! My dome light is already LED!
CrescentMoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-09-2013, 06:17 AM   #261
CrescentMoon
1978 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by roboto65
Just caught up Dang thats Yellow but looks AWESOME
Thanks! Apparently, I can't hide or blend in any more! LOL! My husband sent a txt yesterday... "I see you..." He was about 20 cars or so ahead of me!
Unread 05-09-2013, 06:18 AM   #262
CrescentMoon
1978 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonkatrucksryan
Looks Amazing!!!! Keep up the good work!!!!!!
Thank you!
Unread 05-09-2013, 06:20 AM   #263
CrescentMoon
1978 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkeese
Nope the dash wasn't removed and that may be the problem. Gauges don't like dust and I bet it was plenty dusty in that shop. Try blowing out behind the dash.
No the dash wasn't removed... I'm paying attention to you! You've never steered me wrong before...
Unread 05-09-2013, 06:44 AM   #264
CrescentMoon
1978 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterdowg
I see a future CJ of the Month winner here.
It seems that are ALOT of people w/ Awesome CJ's on here... But, I do LOVE how mine is coming along! The transformation is amazing! It looks nothing like what it did!
Unread 05-09-2013, 01:45 PM   #265
CrescentMoon
1978 CJ5 

Sooo... The jeep over-heated today. One day, I swear, I will have this thing running right!!! I guess someone is trying to tell me to go home- time to write a paper & take a mid-term! Ugh...
Unread 05-09-2013, 01:51 PM   #266
CrescentMoon
1978 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synonymous

Quick question- what volt & angle did you order???
Unread 05-10-2013, 10:49 AM   #267
CrescentMoon
1978 CJ5 

Nevermind on the LED lights! I figured everything out & they're on order! Also... My new aluminum radiator is on order & will be here by Wed.! The original is in horrible condition & cracked. So that's awesome...
I guess it could be worse. The new one is on sale right now! $218
Unread 05-12-2013, 09:16 PM   #268
CrescentMoon
1978 CJ5 

So... I treated myself for Mother's Day!
image-534137186.jpg  
Unread 05-12-2013, 11:09 PM   #269
WSS
Web Wheeler
1972 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrescentMoon View Post
Nevermind on the LED lights! I figured everything out & they're on order! Also... My new aluminum radiator is on order & will be here by Wed.! The original is in horrible condition & cracked. So that's awesome...
I guess it could be worse. The new one is on sale right now! $218
Were did you get the aluminum radiator? Sounds like a good price!

Is that a "stock" yellow? We have a yellow 5, not by choice. I wanted a BLUE 5 but this had all the proper stuff under it. After having it for six months, I would not have any other color! I love it.

WSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-13-2013, 05:53 AM   #270
CrescentMoon
1978 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by WSS

Were did you get the aluminum radiator? Sounds like a good price!

Is that a "stock" yellow? We have a yellow 5, not by choice. I wanted a BLUE 5 but this had all the proper stuff under it. After having it for six months, I would not have any other color! I love it.

I ordered the radiator from radiator express.
I chose "chrome yellow"... I think it's they same yellow use by Ford. I like it!

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.