I know my CJ is my baby, but this JK isn't bad - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > I know my CJ is my baby, but this JK isn't bad

SPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippHuge Soft top Sale

Unread 05-16-2011, 03:00 PM   #31
bigHeadMarine
1989 FSJ Wagoneer 

???? Confused about the black it out part???? Lol... if and that's a big if.. but if I ever thought I would need a snorkel I would just keep it and mod it to fit. But, I don't think I EVER will.need one.... that said, I will probably hydrolock my engine within the year.. :-/

Unread 05-16-2011, 03:30 PM   #32
mike76CJ5

1976 CJ5 

I'll take that skyjacker JK from the back of the recent quadratec catalogue any day. Cool pic of it jumping some dunes too.
mike76CJ5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-16-2011, 04:10 PM   #33
littlebuddie
1980 CJ7 

I don't know, something about the JK grille is kind 'poofie'........

[]=O=[]
littlebuddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-16-2011, 06:30 PM   #34
bigHeadMarine
1989 FSJ Wagoneer 

Agreed .... too much plastic
Unread 05-16-2011, 06:40 PM   #35
1911Tyler
1977 CJ5 

ive had my cj out in the rain for two weeks now with no top at all and i bet it didnt hurt a thing. leave a JK out for one storm and you will have to call your insurance company.
1911Tyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-16-2011, 07:54 PM   #36
KUJeeper82
1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1911Tyler View Post
ive had my cj out in the rain for two weeks now with no top at all and i bet it didnt hurt a thing. leave a JK out for one storm and you will have to call your insurance company.
You've got a point there...
KUJeeper82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-16-2011, 09:56 PM   #37
BigTorqueCJ
1979 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1911Tyler View Post
Ha, ha. That's pretty funny! You just reminded me of when I was 16 and liked to plow through the mud with my CJ. I'd take it to the car wash and pressure wash the entire inside and even the seats and dash and crank it up and drive it home. It was mostly dry (and clean) by the time I made it home. I can't imagine doing that to a newer Jeep.

Anyway, I agree with many posts above: I appreciate the JK for what it is, and in the years ahead I'll probably be looking for one to wheel with the family. They just need to make them with diesel engines for crying out loud!
Unread 05-16-2011, 11:23 PM   #38
BagusJeep
Web Wheeler

1981 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnsom5 View Post
I really don't appreciate all the jk owners that thumb their noses at cj owners and think we're all poor filth with broken down beaters.
They are quite incorrect:

We are mostly poor BECAUSE we have a CJ
We are indeed filthy, but that is trail dust
Our CJs are indeed mostly broken down most of the time
BagusJeep is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.