I know my CJ is my baby, but this JK isn't bad - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > I know my CJ is my baby, but this JK isn't bad

2007-2014 Jeep Wrangler Black Sun Shade (Rugged Ridge)2007-2014 Jeep Wrangler Smoked Style Hood Air DeflectorIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 05-02-2011, 07:24 PM   #16
FLynes
Web Wheeler

1976 CJ5 

That thing is an ugly piece of poo.

It looks like something Rosie O'Donnell or Ellen Degenerate might drive.

Fred

High Plains Drifter
1976 CJ-5
Lime Green
Black Wellington Vinyl Bench Seats
258 I-6 1bbl
T-150 3-Speed
3.54:1 Open Gears

Grammar Test
FLynes is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-02-2011, 07:53 PM   #17
LT1CJ7
1983 CJ7 

I'd take it for a drive................... I'd drive that wannabe Jeep right off a cliff!
LT1CJ7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-02-2011, 08:27 PM   #18
Ken4444
Corripe Cervisiam

1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by my_304_cj7 View Post
I don't understand why everyone hates on JK's. I think the four doors look pretty good lifted with an aggressive set of tires. This one doesn't look to bad either, at least it's dirty.
I agree. A built 4 door JK isn't bad looking in general, but any truck that's overly decorated with chrome, graphics, bling, or bolt-on/stick-in doodads isn't tasteful in my opinion. If you need off-road lights or other accessories for a real reason, fine, use them, but it's not hard to spot the poser trucks.

Recently I have thing for the all tan, hard top JK with the factory 17" alloy wheels and larger factory tires, but when I first saw a 4 door JK a few years ago I almost lost it. They're growing on me.
Unread 05-02-2011, 08:38 PM   #19
LT1CJ7
1983 CJ7 

Hmm, A few posts are spoken like true H3 owners.
They have 4 doors too, But they really aren't a Hummer
Unread 05-02-2011, 08:56 PM   #20
johnsom5
1986 CJ7 

Being that this thing rolls on 38's, has a big block hemi and arb lockers, I'd give this s little credit and say it's at least more capable than a H3 - dare I say some cj's?
johnsom5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-02-2011, 08:59 PM   #21
LT1CJ7
1983 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnsom5 View Post
Being that this thing rolls on 38's, has a big block hemi and arb lockers, I'd give this s little credit and say it's at least more capable than a H3 - dare I say some cj's?
Hmm, Spoken like the true owner
A big block hemi...... Now I've heard it all.
Also on a side note, It's not an actual hemi!
A second side note..... This thread doesn't have a single thing to do with CJ's!
It should be over in the girls forum
Unread 05-02-2011, 09:28 PM   #22
johnsom5
1986 CJ7 

Lol, no, I'm not the owner. It belongs to one of our customers. And you're right, it's actually more like a "semi-hemi". I'm not so much a hater as I am just trying to be open minded. I mean, I really don't appreciate all the jk owners that thumb their noses at cj owners and think we're all poor filth with broken down beaters. Just like when I used to ride sport bikes. All the Harley riders thought I was a reckless punk. Once they understood I enjoyed the sport of riding just like they did, I got along with a lot of them. So my bike cost half as much and went twice a fast, we all loved to ride and had different taste. Does this mean that I feel that all jks are superior to cjs? No. Mini van motors and plastic front ends are stupid imo. I've seen tons of jacked up and modified Silverados out there that seem like a dime a dozen, and I guess it was nice to see this on a Jeep, even if the paint job and chrome pieces are too much (btw, the owner hates it too and wants the stuff removed. There are already holes in panels from unnecessary items that he removed). Hey, at least it's not a Compass!

P.S. And I know this had nothing to do with cjs. I was just used to posting on the cj side and sharing with the few users that I'm starting to get to know. Maybe it should be over on the jk side and an admin can do the honors. Wasn't trying to start a debate, just felt like sharing. Plus, didn't think the jk owners needed their egos stroked any further!
johnsom5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-03-2011, 04:04 AM   #23
bigHeadMarine
1989 FSJ Wagoneer 

Wow..... that sir is blasphemy! Even though a hemi would be cool.... why does he need a hemi??? Guess that's so he can get.to the local starbucks and the walmart in less than 4 seconds...
Unread 05-03-2011, 04:28 AM   #24
John Strenk

1976 CJ5 

I'm getting tired of all my friends here ragging on JK's. I'm a proud owner of a 4 door one myself. it even had to pull my CJ out a couple of times. Of course the CJ had a little 7' handicap at the time.

Although that one does look a little gawdy to me, it would still be fun to wheel it.
John Strenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-03-2011, 05:16 AM   #25
bigHeadMarine
1989 FSJ Wagoneer 

I'm not 100% here but I'm guessin if you wheeled it you would probably break most of that cheap plastic ***** off and it might not look too bad..... imo the jk is ugly.... however,(pause for effect)

I have seen a couple that turned my head. Granted the ones I have seen were owned by people who either still own or had owned a CJ back in the day and did said mode with class and 100% functionality in mind. So with that said..... "Yo Exibit.." "can u pimp my jeep?" I bet this thing has tvs and other useless do dads and thingamajiggys..... POSER
Unread 05-03-2011, 05:45 AM   #26
BESRK
GROUND POUNDER

1980 CJ5 

While all the bling and shine isn't really my thing, I won't hate on it. Would imagine that it is probably a pretty capable rig... if the owner wheels it. I love Jeeps and HotRods... but I can appreciate any form of "mechanical enthusiasm".. tuners, cars on dubs, hydraulics, air ride.. whatever. Anything mechanical fascinates me..

Ground Pounder Fab

Lower 2

Guardrail

Down Schoolbus

Slickrock Tellico

Save

Crozet

More Crozet
BESRK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-03-2011, 05:59 AM   #27
jeepcjoffroad
1986 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by my_304_cj7
I don't understand why everyone hates on JK's. I think the four doors look pretty good lifted with an aggressive set of tires. This one doesn't look to bad either, at least it's dirty.
I agree my dad has a 4 door jk with 35's, suspension lift, and locked and regeared. That thing regularly out crawls my cj7 with 35's. It also doesn't look too bad either
jeepcjoffroad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-03-2011, 06:48 AM   #28
Jeepican
1976 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken4444 View Post

Recently I have thing for the all tan, hard top JK with the factory 17" alloy wheels and larger factory tires, but when I first saw a 4 door JK a few years ago I almost lost it. They're growing on me.
I'm with you on the tan JK's....if i had the money and didn't have a company truck i would think real hard about the 4door tan.... more room for the kids, capable, comfortable and once i was done modding it ... it would look good in the process. But one thing i hate most about most JK's are the bling rims, i like simple, i have yet to be impressed by the new style of wheels that people use, i even have to pass a CJ7 every morning that has 16" chrome wheels on. Plain ugly if you ask me.

"Oh, you're just full of fun today, aren't you? Why don't we go up to the old people's home and wax the steps?"
-Barney Fife-
Jeepican is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-16-2011, 02:22 PM   #29
bigHeadMarine
1989 FSJ Wagoneer 

Well.... I went to starr motors off road day on Saturday and wouldn't ya know it... jk's were everywhere.... and in top of that, I win a JK SPECIFIC PART!!!! granted its a snorkel and.cool factor =100 but it is for a jk..... now I have to try to sell it to buy CJ parts :-D
Unread 05-16-2011, 02:38 PM   #30
mtbtweety

1982 CJ8 

Black it out, and I'm down like 4 flat tires....

...for my wife to drive.
mtbtweety is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.