I have Fluid Leaking In my Cab... Help! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > I have Fluid Leaking In my Cab... Help!

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRuffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO

Unread 04-14-2013, 09:55 PM   #1
ehul0000

I have Fluid Leaking In my Cab... Help!

So... today, i moved my floor mat a little bit and noticed some paint peeling.... I also had some fluid sitting on the floor pan... Well, turns out I have fluid coming in through the cab where the brake pedal goes through the firewall.

My brakes have always been a little messed up. I have to pump them once or twice so they work....

I thought this leak might be from my master cylinder or something, but here's the kicker... i still have just as much brake fluid in my reservoir as I did before.

What do you guys think? Is it the booster? Master cylinder? A seal that goes on the brake pedal where it goes through the firewall???

Help please!

ehul0000 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-14-2013, 10:56 PM   #2
ROB03HD
1982 CJ7 

Mine was the seal between th MC and the booster. When i removed the unit the booster was filled almost half way with fluid. I had to get a new MC and booster.
ROB03HD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-14-2013, 11:00 PM   #3
caseypotts
1980 CJ7 

Could be a couple things. Brake master cylinder. You can take it off and take it apart fairly easily and clean it up. The seal can get a lot of build up especially on the bottom and start to leak through. Before you do that however is it for sure you brake master and not your clutch master cylinder which often looks like it is coming from the brake but is really coming down the clutch arm.

Her Ride
2003 Liberty Renegade
caseypotts is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-15-2013, 11:32 AM   #4
ehul0000

I believe it's the brake master. It's coming out of the brake arm through the firewall....
ehul0000 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.