Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

I grabbed one up. Finally!

4K views 46 replies 22 participants last post by  apfroggy0408 
#1 ·
Been looking for a Jeep for quite sometime and this baby popped up and I grabbed her today!

Picasa Web Albums - ralphsantoyo - jeep cj7

Edit: Maybe I should put some more info about it.

1982 CJ 7 with only 138,000 miles on the clock. There's absolutely no rust anywhere. Manual I6.

#36 ·
Nice clean looking seven!

Welcome to the forum! Its not every day you find a fine clean CJ like that for sale do ya? With the factory CJ7 and AMC Jeep logos mounted over the taillights! What a nice Jeep. A CJ will bring new life to you, when you drive a CJ, you drive history. You aren't driving a normal car. You're driving a direct descendant of the famed Jeep of WWII, the CJ7 was the final version of that workhorse, the 7th generation of civilian Jeeps. In 1986 an era was ended that began with the military Jeep of WWII, they were truly the last of a great breed, and we will never see another Jeep like them, long live the Civilian Jeep.:)

#37 ·
Welcome to the forum! Its not every day you find a fine clean CJ like that for sale do ya? With the factory CJ7 and AMC Jeep logos mounted over the taillights! What a nice Jeep. A CJ will bring new life to you, when you drive a CJ, you drive history. You aren't driving a normal car. You're driving a direct descendant of the famed Jeep of WWII, the CJ7 was the final version of that workhorse, the 7th generation of civilian Jeeps. In 1986 an era was ended that began with the military Jeep of WWII, they were truly the last of a great breed, and we will never see another Jeep like them, long live the Civilian Jeep.:)
+1

Well stated.

#46 ·
Recently just fixed a few things here and there to get her running nicely.

Started off by starting to stall when slowing down to stop and it was because of a vacuum leak so we compensated by upping the idle. We got all the vacuum leaks taken care of (so I believe) but then the Jeep started dieseling.

On my way to my uncles to get the idle down to a good rpm the bikini top tore off and then shortly after that the top radiator hose blew and luckily the engine didn't overheat. There was a tire shop near by that let me use their water hose to fill up the radiator and reservoir and we cut the hose and placed it back in. Got the new hose lowered the idle and she drives beautifully.

Guess it's true "You know you drive a CJ when you break something new everyday".

The right headlight has broken mounting points so we cannot adjust it to straighten out so we have a temporary fix. (If you have any extras or parting out please shoot me a PM)

Since the fix she drives a lot stronger now and doesn't drink up to much fuel!

Life is great with my jeep.

#47 ·
New problem and have been searching like crazy for an answer.

Jeep is now giving problems when trying to start. It cranks but will not turn over until it seems to be a random point after I've started trying. Been messing around with the throttle and that usually gets it to eventually turn over.

I've read of similar problems and of people just finding the sweet spot for the jeep with the amount of presses to the floor on the throttle and such. But the jeep would start immediately before.

Now my question is could this be due to us possibly making the idle to low? Or could it be some kind of new cause in my Jeep adventure?

Edit: Got a BBD just to let you know with electric choke

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.