I got no spark - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > I got no spark

Disc Brake Kits from ECGSECGS JK Dana 60 Bolt In Rear DiffGEARSHADE Pocket Tops in stock and available at ROCKRIDGE

Unread 09-13-2011, 08:42 PM   #1
eddy2324
1998 TJ Wrangler 

I got no spark

When I pulled this CJ out of the weeds and turned the key the starter clicked.

Since then I have been taking body stuff off, I don't think I unplugged any wires under the hood.

I did however try to remove the dash and in doing so the switch, that is under the dash by your left knee when sitting in the driver seat, wires are not attached to anything.

Now when I turn the key I get nothing. No spark even at the points inside the distributor cap. I bought a brand new battery today and was hoping to get this thing running but that can't happen without spark.

Does my problem have anything to do with electrical behind the dash? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

eddy2324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-13-2011, 09:20 PM   #2
CrescentMoon
1978 CJ5 

I'm still learning, myself... But, if I were you, I would make sure that all of the wiring is connected where they should be. If you're not sure post pics of any areas that are questionable. Your post doesn't really give much info or history. How's your starter solenoid? It's cheap to replace if needed. What about your ignition module? (that's cheap too) Battery cables? Are they clean? Did you put a new battery in it yet? Check out my thread "I need help! Please?!" (I think that's right) I've been learning as I go, posting lots of pics, & asking a lot of questions! Some of it may help you.

Hope this helps...
CrescentMoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-13-2011, 09:53 PM   #3
BagusJeep
Web Wheeler

1981 CJ7 

That key thing, does it look like the ignition switch? Sounds like it might be the light switch.

Are you getting anything, even lights or horn?

1981 CJ7 258ci - Bagusjeep
1984 CJ7 258ci - Puthijeep
1981 J20 258ci - Gladys
1995 Cherokee 4.0 - CHEROKEE
BagusJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-14-2011, 07:49 AM   #4
eddy2324
1998 TJ Wrangler 

a buddy of mine and i went out yesterday with a brand new battery and were getting the motor to turn over by crossing the solenoid on the starter. so everything is good as far as that goes. i just don't have spark going to the plugs.

bagusjeep: the switch i am talking about is a like a toggle switch. it is mounted on the under side of the dash. next time i get out there i will take some pictures. ran out of time yesterday.
eddy2324 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cj5 , engine , no spark

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.