i got free stuff today - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > i got free stuff today

FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valuePremium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGRugged Ridge 8500lb Winch w/ Steel Cable $294.99 Shipped O

Unread 09-07-2011, 06:32 PM   #1
fastford5913
1969 CJ5 

i got free stuff today

went to a friends shop todayto return a tool i borrowed,and i was floored when he gave me a HEI dizzy for my 225.that was one of nthe upgrades i wanted to do.my question now is how do i wire it up??????????????

fastford5913 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-07-2011, 06:38 PM   #2
mopar346
1984 CJ7 

Aint free stuff cool.

Easiest and best conversion in my opinion for a points dizzy is a unilite under cap conversion. Not sure if they make one for the 225. You should be able to find HEI wiring diagram on the net. I'll see if I can find one.
Unread 09-07-2011, 06:39 PM   #3
mopar346
1984 CJ7 

That was easy.

http://images.search.yahoo.com/searc...wiring+diagram
Unread 09-08-2011, 02:15 AM   #4
John Strenk

1976 CJ5 

Well a lot easier than that.

Simplest is
12 volts from ignition switch>-------------------------------->HEI distributor.

You could put in a relay to make sure you are getting full power to the HEI distributor.

I remember walking out of an auto parts store and finding some rear light protectors, CJ mirrors and other Jeep stuff left on my passenger seat.
John Strenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-08-2011, 07:57 AM   #5
waterdowg
1984 CJ7 

John that a real easy way of wiring it. Question for you on that diagram. There are 2 spots for "Factory Harness to Coil connector" one in Green and one in Red.
It looks like the you would connect the wire from the relay to the + wire that would come off the coil (RED) the Green would not be connect to anything and just capped off.
waterdowg is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-08-2011, 08:15 AM   #6
John Strenk

1976 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterdowg View Post
John that a real easy way of wiring it. Question for you on that diagram. There are 2 spots for "Factory Harness to Coil connector" one in Green and one in Red.
It looks like the you would connect the wire from the relay to the + wire that would come off the coil (RED) the Green would not be connect to anything and just capped off.
Yep that's what you would do.
John Strenk is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.