I got a FLAT! (fender) - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > I got a FLAT! (fender)

FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! SPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!Yukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon Zip

Unread 04-14-2002, 12:01 AM   #1
OneManRockFight

I got a FLAT! (fender)

Sup Guys and Gals,

Just thought I'd share this with you. As of 8 pm Texas time I am the proud owner of a rusted out CJ-2a. No engine, been sitting up for a while, and no seats(or floorboards) but I have that new-car excitement already. Buildup starts mid summer and i was wondering where i could find cheap(well relatively inexpensive ) parts.

At a glance i know I need a new windshield frame (previous owner built a "custom" hardtop....and welded it on in a few places !!) and a new dash because of the radio and CB slots cut into the original. Luckily my cousin is building his CJ-7 so I'm gonna get the drivetrain, front bench seat, and axles out of it. So i've got that angle covered.

I'm picking it up tomorrow and then I'll know what all i need for the rebuild.

Anyway, any and all help is appreciated.

OneManRockFight is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-14-2002, 06:37 AM   #2
4wheeler4CJ

Pick up a copy of 2 magazines: "Petersen's 4-Wheel & Off Road" and "JP Magazine". I get both of them. In the back, you'll see a whole lot of ads. I remember seeing some gus inthere that deal in the old vintage Jeeps, new and used parts. Good Luck with the build! I'll be getting a nice old Flatfender sometime, hopefully a CJ-2A or a Willys MB. I envy you, LOL!

4wheeler4CJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-18-2002, 02:34 PM   #3
Jeep696

Try <a href="http://www.vintagejeepparts.com" target="_blank">www.vintagejeepparts.com</a>

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.