I found this on craigslist - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > I found this on craigslist

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 10-26-2010, 10:49 AM   #1
83vert
1982 CJ7 

I found this on craigslist

jeep cj7 with plow
may be a good deal

Unread 10-26-2010, 02:19 PM   #2
Nereussailor
1984 CJ7 

I've seen a lot of plow trucks, and there's a couple of things you need to know. If it was used as a dedicated plow truck, it will have twice as many miles on it as the odometer says. The other thing, is that if it was used a lot as a plow truck, the frame could be tweaked. It really depends on how much it was used to plow. If it plowed a farmers driveway and that's it, it probably isn't in too bad of shape. If it plowed 50 driveways every time it snowed, it might be best to walk away. If the frame is good and it runs, the price is really good. Buy it, sell the plow for a few hundred bucks, and start your rebuild.

Dave S
Unread 10-26-2010, 02:32 PM   #3
DocThirst
1980 CJ5 

Oye, a frame tweak is probably not the easiest to spot with the naked eye either I'd guess. My neighbor in highschool had a S-10 that pretty much drove down the road sideways, we always joked that he should have stock in a tire company.
DocThirst is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-26-2010, 02:35 PM   #4
Jeepican
1976 CJ5 

without pics .. it all a guess....

"Oh, you're just full of fun today, aren't you? Why don't we go up to the old people's home and wax the steps?"
-Barney Fife-
Jeepican is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.