I Can't find my temp sending unit HELP!!!! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > I Can't find my temp sending unit HELP!!!!

Smittybilt Products at Oconee Off-Road!Trick Tabs - NalinMFG.comCCOR is your 1 stop source for everything Jeep!

Unread 02-19-2002, 08:41 AM   #1
OfFtHeWaLl

I Can't find my temp sending unit HELP!!!!

Boy this is tough to admit.. I have looked in my cj book and cant find it. I need to replace my inline 4cy engine temp sender so i can get a readout on my dash, Butt I cant find it! any help would be great! I had the part (bought at a auto store butt they were no help in locating the location. So if ya had the same prob please let me know. I have looked for pics butt can't find any.. Thx

33 2in lift
it's my problem child
butt i love it
OfFtHeWaLl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-19-2002, 08:43 AM   #2
OfFtHeWaLl

Oh ya and my fuel guage does work and the connections are good so I think it has to be a bad sender unit
33 2in lift
it's my problem child
butt i love it
Unread 02-20-2002, 01:25 PM   #3
Guy Hollister

On the I6 its at the back - by the firewall... on the LHS - its a rod thats about an inch high and has a wire coming off it - or in your case MIGHT NOT !

They're cheap to replace but a prick to remove.

Guy
Unread 02-20-2002, 01:26 PM   #4
Guy Hollister

oops - thats on the top of the rocker cover.

g
Unread 02-20-2002, 01:29 PM   #5
Guy Hollister

Whats your problem again ???

I had a prob that sounds like your are on the same track with solving as i was ... its the wrong track.

It turned out to be the two wires... one on each the temp unit and the fuel gauge .. just pull em off and start the jip... then reseat them both ... and wiggle about till temp gauge drops to normal... it will work - try it. Bad contact and needs resetting.

g
Unread 02-20-2002, 01:43 PM   #6
OfFtHeWaLl

Well i tried taking off both the plugs and then turned it on let it run for a min and shut it off and putt back on both butt it dint work.. my temp gage is not stuck on hot its just not working just like my fuel...itys odd because both are pritty new looking....butt thanks for the info do i need to keep them off for a bit or does it reset right away?
33 2in lift
it's my problem child
butt i love it
Unread 02-22-2002, 01:30 PM   #7
JEEPIN DAKOTA

SOUNDS LIKE IT COULD BE A FUSE OR THE GAGES JUST GAVE OUT. WITH THE FUEL CHECK YOUR WIRES OUT REALLY GOOD. I HAD TO TAKE MY TANK OUT OUNCE AND ENDED UP PINCHING ONE OF THE WIRES. AS FOR THE TEMP. SENDING UNIT YOU MIGHT FIND IT ON THE HEAD, DRIVERS SIDE, CLOSE TO THE FIRE WALL.
JEEPIN DAKOTA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-23-2002, 09:54 AM   #8
Guy Hollister

will reset right away ... when you replace them - move them round till the needles move... it may be you have a bad contact inside that rubber pluy thingy... as i did... i rolled up a bit of sand paper and poked it in then spun it round and it was sorted...

g
Unread 02-25-2002, 08:25 AM   #9
OfFtHeWaLl

Well i found my sending unit (after scrubbing the engine clean!!! it was under a bunch of goop!!! The guy woh had this befor me was a slob!!!! Anyway it was towrd the back on the drivers side right by the cover bolts. I replaced it and my gages still wont work.. So im still trying to fix my gages...
33 2in lift
it's my problem child
butt i love it

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.