I-6 'TeamRush Upgrade' (definitive) - Page 44 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > I-6 'TeamRush Upgrade' (definitive)

ANOTHER Rockridge4wd Creation!! Spare Tire Carrier Delete Cess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WD15 x 8 Black D-Window Steel Wheels Set of 4

Unread 02-06-2014, 02:27 PM   #646
4milechuck
1983 CJ8 

Giving Up, Beat Up By Technology

Thanks for the latest information. I did find another thread regarding your guidance in the testing of the mag trigger circuit. Before I did that, as my distributor was under warranty, I took it back & obtained a new (rebuilt) one. Installed it & nothing changed. Not one spark! As I ordered the extra extension (purple/green wires), I substituted that for the other one & it made no difference. I used the short purple/green wire piece MSD supplies (in their installation kit) to eliminate the MSD Motorcraft adapter piece & no difference.

I could readily accept this all if the set up had not worked quite smoothly for 5 or 6 days. Just at a complete loss. I ask MSD in an e-mail regarding a "ever so slight" arc (that badly over describes it) at the moment I connect the positive battery cable. Also the very quiet hum for a second or two that the MSD unit makes upon the battery being connected. No light or anything, just as I described it. I did not get a reply from them as I have in the past when I have inquired.

Thank you JH & I will be contacting MSD to ship the unit back. I'll be hooking up my coil again & getting things running in the mean time.

4milechuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-19-2014, 01:52 PM   #647
skalomenos
1981 CJ7 

Adapter will not fit - Help

I have a 1981 CJ-7 with the I-6 258 and I am attempting to complete the team rush upgrade. I purchased the F960 adapter from Autozone. Problem is, the adapter willnot fit the distributor on the jeep with the cap removed. It seems that it is slightly too big and it does not seem to matter which way I have it situated. I can force the screws to fit the threaded holes, however that makes the adapter become somewhat oblong. In addition, there are two additional screw heads that the adapter screws down on top of. Is this normal? Please help!!
skalomenos is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-19-2014, 09:50 PM   #648
BagusJeep
Web Wheeler

1981 CJ7 

I fitted an F960 and it went straight on. There is the issue with the locating tab you should be adding, I had too little time and a bad back and it was getting dark a cold beer waiting so......

There are no other screws on the mating surface, this is a pic of the top of Bagusjeep dizzie. You can see the holes at 3 and 9 o'clock the cap adapter screws on to, that previously the old cap was fastened to.

Perhaps if you posted a pic?
img00550-20120804-1123.jpg  

1981 CJ7 258ci - Bagusjeep
1984 CJ7 258ci - Puthijeep
1981 J20 258ci - Gladys
BagusJeep is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.