Howell TBI O2 Sensor - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Howell TBI O2 Sensor

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineToxic Brakes - 3000 PSI Braided Stainless Steel Brake LineCess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 06-02-2013, 06:28 PM   #1
Jbwardfamily
1978 CJ5 

Howell TBI O2 Sensor

The O2 sensor went out already went out on my 1 yr old Howell TBI system and the ECU is shooting code "13". I have the heated version and it it located in the header collector just before the muffler and run a 304. Is this normal? I thought those last many years. Is it possible to fool the ECU into thinking it is working? I am under no emissions testing and do not have to get the Jeep inspected ever again.

Thanks,

James

Jbwardfamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-02-2013, 09:07 PM   #2
CSP

The oxygen sensor is the main sensor in getting the air/fuel mixture right. It's not just there for emissions purposes.

Typically they do last for years. You may have ended up with a bad one, which happens every once in a while with any part.
CSP is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.