How to remove the dash? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > How to remove the dash?

Clayton Off Road WJ Long Arm Kits!Clayton Off Road - JK Prototype Gas Tank SkidTJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFG

Unread 06-22-2013, 08:38 AM   #1
steelhead9
1984 CJ7 

How to remove the dash?

How do you get the dash completely out of the jeep? Do you have to remove the steering column? Is there a link someone can't point me to for more information?

I've taken all the bolts out and moved the dash around before to do wiring under the dash, replace speakers, put in new gauges, etc. but I've never gotten it complely out of the Jeep.

steelhead9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-22-2013, 08:48 AM   #2
John Strenk

1976 CJ5 

No Just the steering wheel needs to be removed.. The column can just be dropped down if needed.

You could remove the column and leave the wheel attached if you find that easier...

You cn pull the dash out with the wiring attached. You just need to unbolt the bulkhead connector from the fire wall. Youcan disconnect all the plugs on the brake switch and stuff.

Label them all first.
John Strenk is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.