How rare is my CJ7 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > How rare is my CJ7

Rockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO Nitro Gear Packages Now Available at Rockridge 4wd

Unread 06-27-2013, 05:28 PM   #1
ClaytonJHaley

How rare is my CJ7

Hi guys Im currently restoring an 84 Jeep CJ7 Renegade that was my fathers. Im building it as a tribute to him since he died in december at a rather young age. I want to know if this Jeep is rare. Does color matter on these Jeeps at all?
The Jeep has as follows:
White Jeep with the tan renegade decals
Tan Hardtop
A/C
258 Inline 6
5 Speed Manual Transmission with the floor mounted 4x4
Nutmeg Vinyl interior
Pretty much all stock except for aftermarket head unit and some aftermarket speakers (Its an old Pioneer headset from the early 90s)
I dont plan on selling it Im just curious if its rare. Ive had people tell me its worth a good ammount of money fully restored.

Just a note it has only 33k all original miles.

ClaytonJHaley is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-27-2013, 11:18 PM   #2
BagusJeep
Web Wheeler

1981 CJ7 

Not particularly rare, 1984 was not a good year for CJ sales but they still sold a good number. the colour scheme and spec are not particularly unusual, though it has some good bits.

- The 258 was an option, a lot of people specified it.

- The 5 speed was I think the stock transmission for 1984 for the 258, it is not the strongest transmission by any means

- The AC, if factory fitted with the full width grilles under the dash, is worth having. Being Texas I suspect a lot were fitted with AC but a factory one is more desirable than after market.

- White and tan were not unusual for 1984.

The low mileage is a good point.

If you want to restore it to keith460 levels of superbness it will be worth a fair bit but not due to its spec.

1981 CJ7 258ci - Bagusjeep
1984 CJ7 258ci - Puthijeep
1981 J20 258ci - Gladys
1995 Cherokee 4.0 - CHEROKEE
BagusJeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-28-2013, 12:25 AM   #3
aallison28

It is rare because it was your Dads......but as noted, it was not rare for any other reason.
aallison28 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-28-2013, 05:10 AM   #4
keith460
Jeep. There's Only One

1984 CJ7 

1984 is not rare at all. What makes a CJ rare is one that has not been hacked to death by PO's or previous owners.

My wife owned the same color scheme as yours, Olympic white exterior w/Nutmeg interior, Renegade decals in "yellows" which were sorta tan but actual bottom stripe was Terracotta in color.

Actual rare Jeep CJ's will be original ones like 1979 CJ-5 Silver Anniversary Editions, 1982 CJ-7's Limited Editions, 1970's era CJ-5 Tuxedo's and so forth.

Restoration Thread:http://www.jeepsunlimited.com/forums...d.php?t=434226
keith460 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.