how to operate T-case - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > how to operate T-case

Savvy Aluminum BumpersIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineThe RuffStuff "I can't go to EJS" Sale!

Unread 10-20-2003, 01:25 PM   #1
NJCJ7

how to operate T-case

My t-case shift lever only seems to move into 2 positions. Is there a sequence or something for getting into 4wd? I think i can only move the lever into 2H or N. Do i have to press down or something like that? It's an 85 CJ auto.

Unread 10-20-2003, 01:52 PM   #2
andyp65

well on my d-300 i have to be moving slowly to engage my 4wd you could try to put it in drive and give it just enough to get it moving like 5 mph or so and try to drop it into 4wd. but then again i have a 5speed in my 81
[B][COLOR=red]BIG GUNS[/COLOR][COLOR=white] AND[/COLOR] [COLOR=blue] JEEP [/COLOR] OWNERS OF AMERICA MEMBER # 20 [/B]

And yeah its a real jeep with round headlights and leaf springs :)

Semper Fidelis!
andyp65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-20-2003, 10:06 PM   #3
overlander

If you have a DANA 300 T case -

Try shifting with the transmission in neutral. You may or may not have to be moving. If you are moving it should be very slowly when going from high to low and back. I would suggest 1-2 mph, just enough to let the gears move and synchronize.

Going from 2H to 4H make sure the hubs are locked in and try going very slow as well. From 4H to 2H you could be going faster.
overlander is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.