How I made my Jeep more awesome - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > How I made my Jeep more awesome

Jeep Grand Cherokee Mirror - Side ViewJeep Grand Cherokee Header PanelTJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFG

Unread 03-05-2013, 12:13 AM   #46
Dadamsnv
Web Wheeler

1977 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galt
Pretty good for homemade. Kind of a take on Bazooka's tubbies.http://www.bazooka.com/products/mari...e-Tubbies-P138
How are your homemade ones holding up?
Thanks man, it's been several months without single complaint. Even when I'm bouncing down the trail they are solid and sound great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 75*CJ
I really like this write up though. If I'd seen this first, I'd have gone this way. Love it.
Thanks bud!

Dadamsnv is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-17-2013, 07:34 AM   #47
tbannister
1979 CJ5 

Nice mod. Would you consider building and selling this setup? PM if interested . Thanks
tbannister is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-17-2013, 05:47 PM   #48
Dadamsnv
Web Wheeler

1977 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbannister
Nice mod. Would you consider building and selling this setup? PM if interested . Thanks
I appreciate the interest in my speakers but you may find my rates higher than you'd like. Here's a breakdown of the cost of parts alone.

-Speakers ~$100
-PVC caps 2x~$50 (may be able to get them cheaper)
-exhaust clamps ~$13
-wood, hardware, paint, & gaskets ~$30

That's about $250 before I even start.
Unread 03-18-2013, 03:28 PM   #49
frhrwa
Fish'n Fool

1984 CJ7 

almost exactly what we used to do at our "Diablo Off Road Center" up in Concord Calif... we used steel pipe, capped one side, used grommets to wire through, into the roll bar, and feed out the bottom with another grommet.. no wires show, then we welded the steel tube into that V in the roll cage, mounted the speakers and wa la.. instant theft proof sound.. yours are what I'm in the process of doing to mine right now, not using the steel, but an end cap... I went 8" (expensive suckers), in hopes of a little smaller main spkr, and slip a tweeter in beside it.. we'll see what happens.. like the way yours came out, good going!
Unread 03-18-2013, 04:40 PM   #50
Dadamsnv
Web Wheeler

1977 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by frhrwa
almost exactly what we used to do at our "Diablo Off Road Center" up in Concord Calif... we used steel pipe, capped one side, used grommets to wire through, into the roll bar, and feed out the bottom with another grommet.. no wires show, then we welded the steel tube into that V in the roll cage, mounted the speakers and wa la.. instant theft proof sound.. yours are what I'm in the process of doing to mine right now, not using the steel, but an end cap... I went 8" (expensive suckers), in hopes of a little smaller main spkr, and slip a tweeter in beside it.. we'll see what happens.. like the way yours came out, good going!
Thanks man! And best of luck with yours! You should post em here when you get em done.
Unread 05-10-2013, 08:01 PM   #51
frhrwa
Fish'n Fool

1984 CJ7 

I found the 6" end caps for $13.00 a piece at a local shop that specializes in drain pipes.. so I put the 8" on the shelf for now, might make something out of them later.. just don't need that much sound.. here's mine, different mounting.. didn't go with the anti-theft mount, probably should have, and still may.. having the covers made for my roll bar, so that might be the time to modify.. or just "be happy".. I did find it much easier to cover the end caps with bedliner.. it sticks to anything.. just roll it on..
img_4120-1.jpg   img_4121-1.jpg   img_4117-1.jpg   img_4114-1.jpg  
Unread 05-10-2013, 11:33 PM   #52
Dadamsnv
Web Wheeler

1977 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by frhrwa
I found the 6" end caps for $13.00 a piece at a local shop that specializes in drain pipes.. so I put the 8" on the shelf for now, might make something out of them later.. just don't need that much sound.. here's mine, different mounting.. didn't go with the anti-theft mount, probably should have, and still may.. having the covers made for my roll bar, so that might be the time to modify.. or just "be happy".. I did find it much easier to cover the end caps with bedliner.. it sticks to anything.. just roll it on..
Looks like the turned out really nice! Does the foam help the sound quality any?

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.