How I made my Jeep more awesome - Page 4 - JeepForum.com

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #46 of 65 Old 03-05-2013, 01:13 AM Thread Starter
Dadamsnv
Registered User
1977 CJ5 
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Reno
Posts: 5,348
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galt
Pretty good for homemade. Kind of a take on Bazooka's tubbies.http://www.bazooka.com/products/mari...e-Tubbies-P138
How are your homemade ones holding up?
Thanks man, it's been several months without single complaint. Even when I'm bouncing down the trail they are solid and sound great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 75*CJ
I really like this write up though. If I'd seen this first, I'd have gone this way. Love it.
Thanks bud!


I'm looking for a Scout II Dana 300. Drop me a line if you have any leads. Thanks
Dadamsnv is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #47 of 65 Old 03-17-2013, 08:34 AM
tbannister
Registered User
1979 CJ5 
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Roanoke
Posts: 62
Nice mod. Would you consider building and selling this setup? PM if interested . Thanks
tbannister is offline  
post #48 of 65 Old 03-17-2013, 06:47 PM Thread Starter
Dadamsnv
Registered User
1977 CJ5 
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Reno
Posts: 5,348
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbannister
Nice mod. Would you consider building and selling this setup? PM if interested . Thanks
I appreciate the interest in my speakers but you may find my rates higher than you'd like. Here's a breakdown of the cost of parts alone.

-Speakers ~$100
-PVC caps 2x~$50 (may be able to get them cheaper)
-exhaust clamps ~$13
-wood, hardware, paint, & gaskets ~$30

That's about $250 before I even start.

I'm looking for a Scout II Dana 300. Drop me a line if you have any leads. Thanks
Dadamsnv is offline  
post #49 of 65 Old 03-18-2013, 04:28 PM
frhrwa
Fish'n Fool
 
frhrwa's Avatar
1984 CJ7 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Deer Park (north of Spokane)
Posts: 1,410
almost exactly what we used to do at our "Diablo Off Road Center" up in Concord Calif... we used steel pipe, capped one side, used grommets to wire through, into the roll bar, and feed out the bottom with another grommet.. no wires show, then we welded the steel tube into that V in the roll cage, mounted the speakers and wa la.. instant theft proof sound.. yours are what I'm in the process of doing to mine right now, not using the steel, but an end cap... I went 8" (expensive suckers), in hopes of a little smaller main spkr, and slip a tweeter in beside it.. we'll see what happens.. like the way yours came out, good going!

I want to die in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming in terror like the passengers in his JEEP!...
frhrwa is offline  
post #50 of 65 Old 03-18-2013, 05:40 PM Thread Starter
Dadamsnv
Registered User
1977 CJ5 
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Reno
Posts: 5,348
Quote:
Originally Posted by frhrwa
almost exactly what we used to do at our "Diablo Off Road Center" up in Concord Calif... we used steel pipe, capped one side, used grommets to wire through, into the roll bar, and feed out the bottom with another grommet.. no wires show, then we welded the steel tube into that V in the roll cage, mounted the speakers and wa la.. instant theft proof sound.. yours are what I'm in the process of doing to mine right now, not using the steel, but an end cap... I went 8" (expensive suckers), in hopes of a little smaller main spkr, and slip a tweeter in beside it.. we'll see what happens.. like the way yours came out, good going!
Thanks man! And best of luck with yours! You should post em here when you get em done.

I'm looking for a Scout II Dana 300. Drop me a line if you have any leads. Thanks
Dadamsnv is offline  
post #51 of 65 Old 05-10-2013, 09:01 PM
frhrwa
Fish'n Fool
 
frhrwa's Avatar
1984 CJ7 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Deer Park (north of Spokane)
Posts: 1,410
I found the 6" end caps for $13.00 a piece at a local shop that specializes in drain pipes.. so I put the 8" on the shelf for now, might make something out of them later.. just don't need that much sound.. here's mine, different mounting.. didn't go with the anti-theft mount, probably should have, and still may.. having the covers made for my roll bar, so that might be the time to modify.. or just "be happy".. I did find it much easier to cover the end caps with bedliner.. it sticks to anything.. just roll it on..
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_4120-1.jpg   IMG_4121-1.jpg   IMG_4117-1.jpg   IMG_4114-1.jpg  

I want to die in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming in terror like the passengers in his JEEP!...
frhrwa is offline  
post #52 of 65 Old 05-11-2013, 12:33 AM Thread Starter
Dadamsnv
Registered User
1977 CJ5 
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Reno
Posts: 5,348
Quote:
Originally Posted by frhrwa
I found the 6" end caps for $13.00 a piece at a local shop that specializes in drain pipes.. so I put the 8" on the shelf for now, might make something out of them later.. just don't need that much sound.. here's mine, different mounting.. didn't go with the anti-theft mount, probably should have, and still may.. having the covers made for my roll bar, so that might be the time to modify.. or just "be happy".. I did find it much easier to cover the end caps with bedliner.. it sticks to anything.. just roll it on..
Looks like the turned out really nice! Does the foam help the sound quality any?

I'm looking for a Scout II Dana 300. Drop me a line if you have any leads. Thanks
Dadamsnv is offline  
post #53 of 65 Old 09-24-2014, 08:29 AM
batmn77
Registered User
1982 CJ7 
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: JAX
Posts: 280
$50 each for end caps? you are getting taken for a ride.

http://www.lowes.com/pd_219-1814-PVC...ductId=3132571

$2 pipe hangers

http://www.lowes.com/pd_302045-34146...3D2&facetInfo=

$5 can of black spray paint

$83 for Kenwood Marine speakers

http://www.westmarine.com/buy/kenwoo...NEIxoCS17w_wcB

This project can be done for less than $130. I did this years ago. Ran the speaker wire through the roll bar for a clean look.

They Cant Stop Me, Even If They Stopped Me.
Car History from 1st to Present:
-1997 Mustang V6 (Sold); -1999 Chevrolet Blazer (Sold); -2001 Chevrolet Silverado Z71 (Sold); -1999 Chevrolet Z28 Camaro; 1982 Jeep CJ-7
batmn77 is offline  
post #54 of 65 Old 09-24-2014, 08:59 AM
swatson454
Registered User
1983 CJ7 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Texas Hill Country
Posts: 6,519
Wow, dragging up a thread over a year old to tell someone how they're being taken for a ride. How classy...


Shawn

Live in a way that those who know you but don't know God will come to know God because they know you.
swatson454 is offline  
post #55 of 65 Old 09-24-2014, 10:43 AM
stokey04964
Registered User
1980 CJ7 
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Rangeley
Posts: 85
That's Cool!!
stokey04964 is offline  
post #56 of 65 Old 09-24-2014, 01:11 PM
batmn77
Registered User
1982 CJ7 
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: JAX
Posts: 280
Quote:
Originally Posted by swatson454 View Post
Wow, dragging up a thread over a year old to tell someone how they're being taken for a ride. How classy...


Shawn
Well Shawn, seeing how people always say to use the search feature, I somehow stumbled across this write up. Nevertheless, if others use the search feature and they too find this thread, they will now know that they dont have to be taken for a ride and can do this much cheaper.

They Cant Stop Me, Even If They Stopped Me.
Car History from 1st to Present:
-1997 Mustang V6 (Sold); -1999 Chevrolet Blazer (Sold); -2001 Chevrolet Silverado Z71 (Sold); -1999 Chevrolet Z28 Camaro; 1982 Jeep CJ-7
batmn77 is offline  
post #57 of 65 Old 09-25-2014, 06:07 AM
frhrwa
Fish'n Fool
 
frhrwa's Avatar
1984 CJ7 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Deer Park (north of Spokane)
Posts: 1,410
its good to point out ways to save money.. thanks.. on the other hand, I DID shop Lowes, Home Depot, and the rest of the hardware stores in the SPOKANE area.. and they DID NOT carry 6" or 8" caps.. I went to the irrigation supply house and bought them... I don't have a problem with that, I didn't get taken for a ride, I bought what was available at that available price...

I want to die in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming in terror like the passengers in his JEEP!...
frhrwa is offline  
post #58 of 65 Old 09-25-2014, 08:31 AM
batmn77
Registered User
1982 CJ7 
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: JAX
Posts: 280
Quote:
Originally Posted by frhrwa View Post
its good to point out ways to save money.. thanks.. on the other hand, I DID shop Lowes, Home Depot, and the rest of the hardware stores in the SPOKANE area.. and they DID NOT carry 6" or 8" caps.. I went to the irrigation supply house and bought them... I don't have a problem with that, I didn't get taken for a ride, I bought what was available at that available price...
Apologies, that it seemed like I was attacking you. It was more of an attack on the business that took advantage of you.

They Cant Stop Me, Even If They Stopped Me.
Car History from 1st to Present:
-1997 Mustang V6 (Sold); -1999 Chevrolet Blazer (Sold); -2001 Chevrolet Silverado Z71 (Sold); -1999 Chevrolet Z28 Camaro; 1982 Jeep CJ-7
batmn77 is offline  
post #59 of 65 Old 09-25-2014, 09:53 AM
frhrwa
Fish'n Fool
 
frhrwa's Avatar
1984 CJ7 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Deer Park (north of Spokane)
Posts: 1,410
I knew ahead of time it would cost my first born by going into a specialty shop.. they are never cheap.. but I wanted to get the speakers in, so I bit the bullet..

I want to die in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming in terror like the passengers in his JEEP!...
frhrwa is offline  
post #60 of 65 Old 09-25-2014, 11:41 AM
mike_bfdr
Registered User
1981 CJ8 
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: riverside
Posts: 199
for the price im going to try these out lol there cheap and the reviews are pretty good, just saying

http://www.monoprice.com/Product?c_i...seq=1&format=2
http://www.monoprice.com/Product?c_i...seq=1&format=2

MY BUILD-----> http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/81-jeep-scrambler-3-link-1507615/
mike_bfdr is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.



Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome