How do you get cover off top of T-5 trans? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > How do you get cover off top of T-5 trans?

Rugged Ridge Modular XHD Snorkel Now for both 3.8L and 3.6ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4wJeep Wrangler Bushwacker Flat Fender Flare Sale at Baselin

Unread 10-06-2003, 03:52 PM   #1
jeepin cj-5

How do you get cover off top of T-5 trans?

I just took the transmission out of my 85 CJ7 and can't figure out how to get the cover off of the top of the transmission. Is there a special bolt that releases it or do I just pry it off?

jeepin cj-5 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-06-2003, 06:05 PM   #2
eight

You just take out the bolts in the cover and pry it off. There's nothing hiden holding it on. This is the one with the shifter attached to it right?
Unread 10-06-2003, 07:06 PM   #3
jeepin cj-5

Im not sure exactly what you mean about the shifter, but it is not connected directly to the cover. It is connected behind the actaul transmission and i already hammered the retaning pin out and pushed the rod out but I cant get the top off.. i dont know if there is something holding it or it is just tight ( If you have never seen the trans this discription might sound real weird)...its the t-5
jeepin cj-5 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.