How do measure caster angle? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > How do measure caster angle?

Labor Day Sale!FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 05-22-2009, 09:47 PM   #1
scarlett
1980 CJ7 

How do measure caster angle?

Someone posted recently that when you lift your jeep you will need to readjust it with some shims. Can anyone elaborate on this. I think I have a 4in lift, just got the jeep, and it likes to turn further than you want it to.

scarlett is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-22-2009, 09:58 PM   #2
VACJ7
Hockey Rules!

1984 CJ7 

I'll point you to the sticky http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f8/why-your-steering-wanders-seems-loose-445430/
You will see varying strong opinions on the subject. I was originally going to shim mine but have decided against it.
VACJ7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-23-2009, 05:19 AM   #3
scottymac62
1977 CJ5 

Don't neglect to check your toe-in measurement too.
'77 CJ-5 Renegade 304 / T-150, Dana 20, 30/20 axles, Aussie Locker in the Dana 30, American Racing 15x10 Outlaw II's, 33" Dynapro M/T's" ,Optima Battery, TeamRushed + Summit Racing CDI ignition, FlowKooler water pump, Edelbrock Performer Intake Manifold, Holley 4160 390cfm, Herculiner, Silver Ceramic Coated Hedman Hedders, Flowmaster 40's.
Warn PowerPlant HD 12K Winch, Dirtworx front and rear bumpers.
scottymac62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-23-2009, 05:40 AM   #4
gojeepin
1983 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarlett View Post
Someone posted recently that when you lift your jeep you will need to readjust it with some shims. Can anyone elaborate on this. I think I have a 4in lift, just got the jeep, and it likes to turn further than you want it to.
I'm confused... the title of your thread is "How do measure caster angle?" but your lead-off question is above. What do you mean by ... it likes to turn further than you want it to?

83 CJ7, 4.1L 6cyl (4.0L bored .030" over), 35" tires, T-5 transmission, Dana 300 TC, Trussed AMC 20.
gojeepin is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.