how do i upgrade my heater? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > how do i upgrade my heater?

Trick Tabs - NalinMFG.comCCOR is your 1 stop source for everything Jeep!TJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFG

Unread 01-17-2008, 03:20 PM   #1
thich
1982 CJ7 

how do i upgrade my heater?

i just purchased a CJ/YJ Frankenstein. engine is a 72 304 with original tranny. frame and front clip are from an 83 CJ7. tub is from a 92 Wrangler. there is NO heater currently in the Jeep, and i want to upgrade to the Chevy heater (if i can). this is my first Jeep, and dont know too much, i also dont have access to the Jeep, as it is in storage for the winter. ive read some about upgrading the heater, but no one with the age difference of my engine and tub. any thoughts? i know i cant host a pic, but if you want to click, here she is.

NO the photo is not from the future

Cheers.

Unread 01-17-2008, 04:25 PM   #2
Mike Romain
1986 CJ7 

You first have to get a heater box.

The later YJ's have an upgraded heater blower so if you went YJ to match the tub you shouldn't have issues.

What dash do you have though? It might be easier to get a CJ heater box and do the blazer upgrade if the dash controls are CJ.

Here is a link on the upgrade:
http://jeep.off-road.com/jeep/articl....jsp?id=261421
Some Canadian Bush Jeep Runs and Build Photos: http://mikeromainjeeptrips.shutterfly.com (10 new albums added Sept 16/10)
Mike Romain is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-17-2008, 05:21 PM   #3
thich
1982 CJ7 

the Blazer upgrade is what i want to do. i just dont know if i need to get a new heater core that matches the motor or the tub. what heater box is better? i can tell that this Jeep is going to teach me quite a bit about Jeeps.
Unread 01-17-2008, 09:43 PM   #4
solitudetree

I would go with the CJ heater box, heater core and chevy blazer blower motor upgrade. It rocks. Also, it wouldn't hurt since you're draining the radiator anyway to put in a new thermostat as well.

However, it will depend like Mike said on what dash (controls) you have.
75 Jeep Wagoneer 360V8
79 Jeep Cherokee 258 six
[/FONT][/COLOR]
solitudetree is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-19-2008, 11:49 AM   #5
thich
1982 CJ7 

Great!!! thats the kind of input i was looking for. thank you.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.