How do I tell???????????? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > How do I tell????????????

Bill Baird Motorsports DIY parts - NalinMFG.comFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 04-18-2002, 03:34 PM   #1
Old_man_emu

How do I tell????????????

A woman up the road has a 80,81,82 Jeep,
looking to buy it...but unsure of what it actually is..it is a Tan colour it has Laredo wrote on the hood, and has an inline 6 for a motor,
How do i tell if its a cj8, cj7, or cj7a...etc....?????

also...If someone can tell me the ring and pinion of those years...or whatever year this jeep is....

interesting in buying it.

Unread 04-18-2002, 04:17 PM   #2
myke806

the cj7 has a extended bed area behind the seat. about 6-8 inches longer than a cj5. cj5 has no room behind the seat. and a cj8 looks like a truck. good enough?
myke806 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-19-2002, 09:57 AM   #3
4wheeler4CJ

CJ-5 has a door opening that looks like the opening of a rear door on a Cherokee. The CJ-7 has a 10" longer wheelbase, and has a full-cut door opening, no more space behind the rear seat than a CJ-5, just 10" more leg room from the rear seat to the front seat. The CJ-8 has a Pickup-looking bed area, many times with a "half-hard-top" that covers the front 2 seats, open in the whole back.

Just get the VIN number and check it with a manual, to be sure of all the specs. Good Luck!
4wheeler4CJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.