How do I swap out windshield wiper motor on 1984 CJ7 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > How do I swap out windshield wiper motor on 1984 CJ7

Dana 30 Truss for your TJ, LJ, ZJ, and XJIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineArtec JK Under Armor Bellypan

Unread 11-16-2011, 09:38 AM   #1
myovino
1983 CJ7 

Windshield Wiper Motor Swap Out 1983 CJ7

My windshield wiper motor would not return to proper resting position when turned off and the intermittent wiper would not work either so I decided to replace the motor. To replace the motor you will need to lower the windshield to access the wiper motor. Remove the three torx head screws that secure the motor to the windshield frame and remove the wiring clip. You will also need to remove the two black plastic access covers at the base of the windshield frame to access the linkage(good time to lubricate the linkage). Remove the clip from the linkage where the first access opening is located closest to drivers side and slide the motor and linkage out. You will need to disconnect the wiring harness from below the dash to remove entirely. Remove the clip that attaches the linkage to the motor and re-install on the new wiper motor. Install the new wiper motor in the same steps, only reversed of course. Put everything back in the same position that it was removed to prevent the wipers from not working properly.

Last edited by myovino; 11-16-2011 at 10:05 AM..
myovino is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-16-2012, 12:13 PM   #2
Field

"You will need to disconnect the wiring harness from below the dash to remove entirely"

i get to this part and cannot find the wiring harness. did you have to remove the dash at all or is this something i should be able to find by scrunching under the dash. is there any markings to help find the correct harness? there is a mess of wires under my dash and i cannot seem to find what to disconnect. any more detail on this would be helpful.

thanks
Field is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-16-2012, 01:14 PM   #3
lucdog
Web Wheeler

1980 CJ5 

I've always been able to pull the connector up thru the hole in the cowl.

Bill
1979 CJ7 360, TH400/Quadratrac trail Jeep.
1979 J20
1980 CJ5 trail Jeep.
1983 CJ7 pretty weekend and sometimes to work Driver in the summer, My first rebuild, if the Q-trac and 5 are broke, this one is the one to take. its just as capable as the other 2, except nice paint.
1984 Grand Wagoneer, 1 ton axles, great 360/727, and a big a$& tree fell on it .
1989 YJ the CJ to YJ conversion.
2005 TJ Rubicon.
2011 Grand Cherokee Laredo 4x4, Mrs. LUCDOG's DD.
Lots of parts not for sale, i'm a hoarder.
lucdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-16-2012, 01:22 PM   #4
BubbaK
1983 CJ7 

You have an intermittent speed on your motor??

'83 CJ-7_258 I-6_T-4_D300_AMC20/D30_Bone Stock
BubbaK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-03-2012, 11:00 AM   #5
Field

yes i have an intermittent speed on my motor
Field is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-03-2012, 02:27 PM   #6
dslywalker
1983 CJ7 

Did you check the ciruit breaker that powers it for power.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.