how do I replace a front wheel stud? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > how do I replace a front wheel stud?

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 10-15-2002, 02:26 PM   #1
scottahicks

how do I replace a front wheel stud?

how do I replace a front wheel stud on an 80 cj5 with the stock front axel and warn hubs, I have never done this on a 4x4 b4 but I guess I have to learn sooner or later,,,, dang gremlins

1980 CJ5, 304 V8, flat top pistons, rv cam, quadra-jet carb, edelbrock intake, hooker headers, Purple Hornies 3" header glasspacks, Solid Driveshaft, t-176 manual 4speed, 3" body lift, 1foot extended front bumper for wrecker winch "no winch yet" 33X12.5X15 Wild Country XRT's on chrome wagon wheels, custom spray paint job, lots of rust, dents, oh and a driver that treats it like a jeep "screw the paint I can make it!" Daily Driven!!!!! Green Jeep Club member #37 Flamed Jeep Club member #1 and President
scottahicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-15-2002, 06:18 PM   #2
Wildbill
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Been a While.....

since I have had my front end apart but you may need to need pull the rotor off. (if you have disc brakes) Which means that you will have to pull your hubs apart. Not as hard as it seems, buy yourself a Haynes or Chilton's Manual. (I have both) Pay attention to the order that the washers and springs go and follow the pics in the manuals. Now you may be able to spin the rotor to a certain spot where you can drive the broken stud out with a drift pin. In both instances to replace the new stud place in the hole making sure it is square tap it in so as to stay in place and then it will draw in the rest of the way when you put the wheel back on and tighten down on the nut.

Hope this helps,
Wildbill

[COLOR=blue]Blue Jeep Club Member #23[/COLOR]

'92 [COLOR=blue]Blue[/COLOR] YJ 4.0 HO, 5spd.
'04 [COLOR=silver]Bright Silver[/COLOR] Liberty Sport 4X4 3.7L Stock for now
[URL]www.peaceriverjeepers.com[/URL]

What do a Divorce in Alabama, A Tornado in Kansas and a Hurricane in Florida all have in common?.....No matter what someone is fixin' to lose a trailer
Wildbill is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.