How do I remove/install the CJ rear seat? - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > How do I remove/install the CJ rear seat?

ECGS Fall Sale - 10% Off EVERYTHING!!Gear Packages Available! Your # 1 Diff Shop is ROCKRIDGE 4ROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail

Unread 12-20-2011, 05:56 PM   #16
aBoyAndHisCJ
1978 CJ7 

Yeah breaking all five sucks to be sure, but that was obviously the only way that seat was coming outta there. I don't really understand why anything less than grade 8 hardware would be used for anything attached to the floor of a tub of a Jeep. One of the lesser mysteries of American Motors Corporation...

Unread 12-20-2011, 06:00 PM   #17
ILoveMyJeep1996
1984 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by aBoyAndHisCJ View Post
@Matt— thanks for the tech specifics of using extractors for this— I feel that's what it's going to come to. I know my Jeep, & she doesn't really give anything on the underside which is OE from '78 up to regular torque, using regular tools. Installing my lift & new suspension involved a lot of tools of destruction, BFH, cutting things permanently, etc. So we'll see.

@ILoveMyJeep— reducing road noise? LOL

Let's see, 35" tires— check. Holy floorpan— check. Straight pipe, no muffler— check. Original 1978 steel body with various aged structures which basically functions as a resonator chamber for the straight six— check. Manual transmission which I gun whenever the inclination so strikes me or whenever someone in a cozy 4-door JK minivan with a painstakingly-detailed glossy spare on the back pulls up— check. If only a lil' gasket had a prayer of 'reducing road noise.' Haha I don't mind it at all though, it's really a part of my machine. When the Jeep is talking, everyone else kinda gets quiet.
it was a joke lol

sorry its kind of hard to show your kidding when all you can do is type... =P
ILoveMyJeep1996 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-21-2011, 01:44 AM   #18
aBoyAndHisCJ
1978 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILoveMyJeep1996 View Post
it was a joke lol

sorry its kind of hard to show your kidding when all you can do is type... =P
nah, I'm just a moron
Unread 12-21-2011, 05:26 AM   #19
waterdowg
1984 CJ7 

Quote:
try Vise-Grips from underneath since you can see they all stick out pretty far beneath the tub
If you can get some one to help you have them hit the bolt from inside of the Jeep with a propane touch. This will keep the flame away from the fuel tank since you are worried about it. If you broke the heads off I think you will need heat to get these out.

As for vise-grips they may work, but I would use a pipe wrench. Use the biggest on you can get on the. The have better bite then vise-grips.

Between Heat and a pipe wrench they should come right out.
waterdowg is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-21-2011, 05:31 AM   #20
DesertDweller
1984 CJ7 

Quote:
Yeah breaking all five sucks to be sure, but that was obviously the only way that seat was coming outta there. I don't really understand why anything less than grade 8 hardware would be used for anything attached to the floor of a tub of a Jeep. One of the lesser mysteries of American Motors Corporation...
Probably the same reason they used duct tape on all the wiring harness splices lol.
DesertDweller is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cj7 , rear seat swap

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.