How did you mount your winch - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > How did you mount your winch

End of Summer Sale, 20% OFF!2007 - 2011 Jeep JK Long Arm Lift KitsIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 10-17-2003, 07:36 AM   #1
390fastback
2000 XJ Cherokee 

How did you mount your winch

I'm building bumpers front and back right now and the method of mounting the winch will dictate how I mount the front bumper. I need either pictures of your winch mounted or a discription of how you did it, PLEASE!! I've looked on the net and can't find anything. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

68 Wildcat (also in progress)
68 International 1200 4x4
78 F150 4x4 400 4spd
390fastback is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-17-2003, 11:36 AM   #2
MR.CJ-7

I just put it on a standard CJ winch mount which is basically 1/2" steel plate for the winch to sit on with 2 "L" brackets going to the frame and connecting the the plate. the "L's" go on with two bolts on each side, one big A$$ bolt torqued to 250 ft-lbs. and on smaller(1/2") bolt. I've tacked the nuts to be sure it doesn't walk off at night time! The mount seems very stable, I have recovered many full size pickups from mud etc... and as long as I can anchor the CJ it will pull them out.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.