how to determine trans/transfer case make - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > how to determine trans/transfer case make

Cess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WDGEARSHADE Pocket Tops in stock and available at ROCKRIDGE Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 03-04-2013, 01:32 PM   #1
frhrwa
Fish'n Fool

1984 CJ7 

how to determine trans/transfer case make

I have my '84 CJ-7 with the 4.2L Automatic.. how can I make out what trans it is and what transfer case is in it? I'm buying a TH700R4 (with the K) and want to line up all the parts I need to do the swap.. spline count, if I need an adaptor, or just bore that one hole out a little? etc.. and someone mentioned something about the front driveshaft being in the way? is this on the 7 or just the 5? thanks. wayne

Unread 03-04-2013, 02:24 PM   #2
CSP

The stock auto would have been the TF999 and the stock transfer case is the Dana 300.

Front driveshafts can be an issue with the 700r4 and it doesn't matter if it's a CJ5 or 7. Both would use the same length front shaft as the difference is behind the tcase.
CSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-04-2013, 03:31 PM   #3
frhrwa
Fish'n Fool

1984 CJ7 

great.. so what do you do about the front shaft? is there a fix?

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.