how to adjust door latch - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > how to adjust door latch

Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGFS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectCess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 10-25-2013, 12:49 AM   #1
pazur
1981 CJ7 

how to adjust door latch

I got a full yj door fitted to cj7 and cannot not get them to close properly.
The latch when compeletely closed, the distance between those two "jaws" is too small for a striker (5/8" OD).

Is there an easy way to fix this i.e. slightly enlarge the latch?

pazur is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-25-2013, 10:19 AM   #2
superj
1987 YJ Wrangler 

go pull the striker off a junkyard jeep to compare the sizes or remind me later and i will measure my yj striker bolt for you. i have used cj and yj doors on my yj with no problems like that though
Unread 10-25-2013, 11:03 AM   #3
graydragon2
1985 CJ7 

Instead of enlarging the latch I would look for a smaller striker first. How much too small is the latch.
graydragon2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-25-2013, 11:54 AM   #4
Spieg8
1984 CJ8 

Quote:
Originally Posted by pazur View Post
The latch when compeletely closed, the distance between those two "jaws" is too small for a striker (5/8" OD).
Not clear on your problem... are you saying the gap for the post between closed jaws is smaller than the diameter of the post? Which is 5/8", the post or the gap? What is the measurement of the other (how much is the difference)? Is this a factory door post, or did you install it yourself?

Can you also get a measurement of the end of the post (how thick is the top of the "T")? I've seen some aftermarket posts that are too thick t the end and cause problems as well (this can be filed down to work better if that is the case).
Spieg8 is online now   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.