Horn button assembly - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Horn button assembly

Dan's Old as Dirt Birthday Sale!Advance Adapters SYE KitsRIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all

Unread 02-26-2013, 09:17 PM   #1
Blueridgecj
1978 CJ5 

Horn button assembly

Hi guys, my 78 CJ-5 came from previous owner with a small diameter Grant wheel, I recently got a Renegade sport wheel in a bag in pieces. I didn't take it apart so I'm not sure how it goes back together or if all the horn parts are there. Does anyone have a diagram showing all the parts and how they go together ? I hate this small wheel and would like to swap it out when I install new wiring harness next month. Thanks for any help.

Unread 02-27-2013, 02:35 AM   #2
John Strenk

1976 CJ5 

Look at the end of this artical to see how to put the horn assembly back together.

http://civilianjeep.info/Strenk/Stee...placement.html

Do you have a good horn contact button? Have all these parts?
John Strenk is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-27-2013, 03:40 PM   #3
Blueridgecj
1978 CJ5 

Thanks, this is what I needed. I really appreciate it, these new manuals are pretty much useless. I will go out to the garage later and see if I am missing any parts. I know the three isolater bolts are not in the bag. Which of the parts in the photo can still be purchased new ? Thanks again.
Unread 02-27-2013, 07:15 PM   #4
Megaram
1984 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueridgecj
Thanks, this is what I needed. I really appreciate it, these new manuals are pretty much useless. I will go out to the garage later and see if I am missing any parts. I know the three isolater bolts are not in the bag. Which of the parts in the photo can still be purchased new ? Thanks again.
NAPA auto has this stuff pretty cheap
Spring/plunger kit part# 735-2822
Turn cancel cam part# 735-2950
Spring plate part# 735-2951

Just went through the same thing myself. Good luck!
Megaram is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.