In the homestretch. Final electrical help and questions - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > In the homestretch. Final electrical help and questions

Component speaker deal for your dash - NalinMFGIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSteering and more from Ruffstuff!

Unread 07-25-2013, 12:12 PM   #31
John Strenk

1976 CJ5 

Yes, Should be able to get both connections, one for ground one for power.

Power should be always hot.
Ground is switched. Do you have switches in the door jams?

John Strenk is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-25-2013, 01:20 PM   #32
CJ7ROB
1986 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Strenk View Post
Yes, Should be able to get both connections, one for ground one for power.

Power should be always hot.
Ground is switched. Do you have switches in the door jams?
No door switches, I was just planning on using the headlight switch knob by turning it left to turn them on and the rear light on the hardtop.
CJ7ROB is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-25-2013, 01:39 PM   #33
Jeeprage
1986 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ7ROB View Post
John this is nice. Im going to order one now too. Do you guys know if the courtesy lights just plug into the headlight switch? It looks like my Jeep never came with the courtesy lights. These below aren't mine, but I have the same ones I found used, Thx.

I need to get some courtesy lights from the junkyard. Hopefully a YJ will have something I can work with. CJs are long gone from our local yards.
Unread 10-02-2013, 01:51 PM   #34
Jeeprage
1986 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ7ROB View Post
John this is nice. Im going to order one now too. Do you guys know if the courtesy lights just plug into the headlight switch? It looks like my Jeep never came with the courtesy lights. These below aren't mine, but I have the same ones I found used, Thx.

What did these lights come out of? Are they CJ or YJ? I'm in desperate need of interior lights now that it is getting darker out and my top is on more.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.