I'll start off with a recap... frame off project with new fiberglass tub. I bought the "Jeep" in pieces and never saw it together or running. It now runs, I can drive it around the block, and trying to wrap it up for registration and inspection.
What does not yet work:
-If the battery is connected, all parking lights, tail lights, and reverse lights are on
-Oil pressure, Temp, (and I think gas gauge) do not work
-Wipers don't work
-Horn does not work
-Signals aren't working (look like they are always lit up - could it be a bad turn signal switch?)
I have a ground bar on my firewall on the engine side that I'm running grounds to. I have another ground point in the rear of the Jeep that the Tails are grounded to. I grounded my grill and grounded the headlights to it as well, which work fine. I grounded the base of the horn to the grill ground as well since I have fiberglass fenders.
I have a new floor headlight switch since my project didn't come with one. I have a new Crown headlight dash switch as well, since I didn't find the original ones (yes, 2 both slightly different) that came with project until later. I have a few things grounded to the dash (heater blower works like this).
Here are some pics of things I need help with:
1) This looks like another Brake connection, but my brakes are already connected (in Red) - bonus question- what is the black and yellow wire set?
2) A few misc wires by the fuse block - I don't know what the single ground goes to, what the single orange goes to, or the 4 wire plug behind it.
Another shot of the fuse block to see if anything looks wrong. I dont know what year harness this is, my Jeep is an 86 though.
3) I haven't connected this yet, though I see the main plug in the engine bay. I have another diagram of how, but I don't know where the relay for manifold heater is or where the firewall connectors are. I assume this is why my gauges arent working.
4) Wiper motor was just installed in a new frame (older motor). I ran a ground from the 3rd bolt on the right that mounts to the vin plate to the dash ground, plugged in harness to the switch, and nothing. Dash is painted front and back, does the switch itself need exposed metal to ground?
5) Finally, what also plugs into the Steering column? (No pic) The plug side ON the column looks like to harnesses plug in, the large long one is connected, it looks like a 2nd 4 plug piece would fit as well.
REALLY appreciate help in getting this sorted.