Holley vs. Howell FI - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Holley vs. Howell FI

Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippThe Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!Ruffstuff 3 Link Kit!

Unread 10-20-2003, 08:26 AM   #1
MacGyver

Holley vs. Howell FI

I've got an '86 CJ-7, 258 (12,000 miles on rebuild), currently running the stock carb. I'm going to switch to fuel injection. Does anyone offer any experiences, good or bad with either system? Price, tunability, quality, etc... I think with the holley 501-12 kit I'll need to bypass the computer, what about the howell? Any input would be appreciated.

MacGyver is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-20-2003, 10:55 AM   #2
CJMONEYPIT

I just put the Howell kit on my 360. It was a fairly straight forward install and their tech dept. was helpful with a couple of questions that I had. It seems to be a quality system and uses mostly, if not all, GM parts. It has some driveability issues, but I am confident I can resolve them without too much difficulty.
Unread 10-21-2003, 09:55 AM   #3
jeepdaddy2000
Web Wheeler

1971 CJ5 

On a side note, there are a number of web sites dealing with converting existing stock TBI systems. These can usually be had at wrecking yards for under 100$. Don't know if this is an option for you or not.
jeepdaddy2000 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.