Holley Pro-jection - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 Old 01-22-2009, 10:17 AM Thread Starter
SlikRic
Muddin Maniac

1983 CJ7 

Holley Pro-jection

I'm going to look at an 85'CJ-7 with a 258/I6 that the PO installed the Holley Por-jection on. I've been reading up on it in searches, but would like to know if anyone here (Hammer) has any real life experience with this setup? Good or bad. Thanks for the responces.

United States of America
Born: July 4, 1776
Died: Nov 4, 2008
SUICIDE
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 01-22-2009, 03:05 PM Thread Starter
SlikRic
Muddin Maniac

1983 CJ7 

BUMP, nobody has any knowledge of this?

United States of America
SUICIDE
post #3 of 7 Old 01-22-2009, 04:01 PM
h2ojeep
1978 CJ7 

I think that if you do a search, it has been addressed (and i think jeephammer chimed in on it), I know i have looked into TBI and when i get enough coins Holly projection is my choice.

post #4 of 7 Old 01-22-2009, 04:08 PM
mjp83
2011 JK Wrangler 

Which system is it?
I have been told to go only for the digital systems with the oxygen sensor.
Two local Jeep club members are running the 502 system with the 2 barrel TBI. One guy loves it, and his Jeep runs insane up and down our local trails, he bought it used off ebay. The other guy purchased it NEW and had nothing but problems with it.

IMHO I would still take the fuel injection over a carb. Test drive the Jeep, see how easy it starts both cold and when warmed up. Keep an eye out for smell of raw fuel comming from the tailpipe. Running rich was my buddies problem, even with the oxygen sensor. The Howell kit is a take off from chevy and should work well.
post #5 of 7 Old 01-22-2009, 04:18 PM Thread Starter
SlikRic
Muddin Maniac

1983 CJ7 

Not sure of the system, the guy emailed me back and said he was going out of town for a few days. He didn't really answer any of my questions, except for 15000 miles and it was mostly towed behind his PO's RV.

United States of America
SUICIDE
post #6 of 7 Old 01-22-2009, 04:23 PM
mjp83
2011 JK Wrangler 

Well, just look it over and as with anyting, abused stuff = money and headaches.

BTW, you put a V8 in your 80's cj recently (picture of post about power brake vacum)?
post #7 of 7 Old 01-22-2009, 04:25 PM
BESRK
GROUND POUNDER

1980 CJ5 

I run the digital system (2bbl) on my buggy.. love it. I've had it on the engine (SBC 350) since 2002ish. I make minor adjustments to the CPU when the weather gets cold and again when it warms up.. nothing major. I don't even have the "closed loop" setup.

One thing to be wary of is water. My Throttle Positions Sensor died after a deep water crossing. I also fried a CPU when I accidently hit it with the pressure washer after a mud bog.

As for running rich.. I know the V8 version has 2 ways to connect it. One for a Big Block and one for a Small Block. If you hook it up in the Big Block mode on a small block, you may not be able to lean it out enough.. causing a rich condition.

'80 CJ5 w/AMC360, T176, D44 w/Detroit 4.56, RE 4" YJ lift and 35s..

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.