Holley carb - Need air filter but clearance issues with brake booster - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Holley carb - Need air filter but clearance issues with brake booster

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFlowmaster's Force II Axle-back exhaust system for the 201FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 04-06-2013, 02:43 PM   #1
Jeeprage
1986 CJ7 

Holley carb - Need air filter but clearance issues with brake booster

Previous owner had a Holley carb installed (and from my brief start up, runs well) but it won't clear the brake booster with filter installed. I don't know what he was running for brakes since I bought the Jeep in pieces, but the air filter won't fit.

Holley measures 5" opening for a filter but I'm not finding anything online. What are you guys using for Holley (or Motorcraft 2100 - I think I read similar dimensions) carbs with boosted brakes? I don't have a stock intake available.

2013-04-06-15.44.32.jpg  
Unread 04-06-2013, 02:48 PM   #2
Caish
1987 XJ Cherokee 

Time to get a smaller diameter universal air-filter.
Just tell the parts store you need it for a Ford/Holley.
Unread 04-06-2013, 02:50 PM   #3
Jeeprage
1986 CJ7 

Do I need to run a vent line into the air cleaner housing? I'm assuming I can use a small standalone filter in place from the valve cover?
Unread 04-06-2013, 03:08 PM   #4
Caish
1987 XJ Cherokee 

Most aftermarket airfilter lowers had a boss stamped into it so you can drill it and plumb your crankcase to the bottom of the air filter.
If your not smog checking I wouldn't worry about it and just get a small filter that plugs into the bung on the valve cover.
Unread 04-07-2013, 07:16 AM   #5
Jeeprage
1986 CJ7 

Thanks. Picked up a small Spectre last night at Autozone that seems to be doing the trick. I'll have to run a separate filter for engine valve cover.

Mass does have emissions, but testing is out for something this old. There still may be visual, but I'm not as worried.
Unread 04-07-2013, 02:14 PM   #6
CJ258
1974 CJ5 

Just Googled offset aircleaner and this is on of the hits. http://www.streetsideauto.com/p/tran...FYFxQgodknMATQ
CJ258 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.