Holley Carb - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Holley Carb

Brand New! Quadratec LED Headlights!FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 03-14-2012, 07:59 PM   #1
CadCaman
1983 CJ7 

Holley Carb

Guys, I purchased a Holley 390 cfm carbuerator to top off my clifford intake and 4.0 head swap. There is one little nipple on there that I am not sure what to do with. I have provided a pic below with the nipple in question. The instructions say it goes to the air cleaner but just how do I get it there. I would hate to think I have to drill a hole and cobble something on a brand new air cleaner.

Thanks,

Jeff

carb.jpg  
CadCaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-14-2012, 08:35 PM   #2
mopar408
1974 CJ5 

just put a cap on it unless you need it for an air pump ( assume not w/ all the good modifications you have made).
That being said, some situations/distributors respond better to the FULL vacuum there as opposed to the TIMED vacuum port. MOST use the timed port. (That subject has been discussed to death. Look in the "Search" for details if so inclined).
Use one, cap the other. Should be a black rubber plug in the small parts bag.
Good choice of carb,BTW.
Unread 03-15-2012, 05:14 AM   #3
CadCaman
1983 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mopar408 View Post
just put a cap on it unless you need it for an air pump ( assume not w/ all the good modifications you have made).
That being said, some situations/distributors respond better to the FULL vacuum there as opposed to the TIMED vacuum port. MOST use the timed port. (That subject has been discussed to death. Look in the "Search" for details if so inclined).
Use one, cap the other. Should be a black rubber plug in the small parts bag.
Good choice of carb,BTW.
Thanks Mopar.
CadCaman is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
4.0 , carb , holley

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.