Holley 4412 Carb - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Holley 4412 Carb

G2 Disc Brake Conversion Kit for Jeep Wrangler YJ TJ LJ ChNEW!! HMF 50"-52" light bar mounting brackets!! SPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!

Unread 11-03-2013, 06:08 PM   #1
jubocu
1976 CJ7 

Holley 4412 Carb

Anyone have good experience rebuilding these? (I'm going to guess yes). I've never rebuilt one. Finding walkthroughs or schematics are hard to come by. It seems like it should be straight forward. I can't even get the metering block off. It's like it's jb welded on. Does anyone have any hints or know of any links, suggestions, whatever that will help me out? Thank you.

jubocu is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-03-2013, 11:03 PM   #2
jubocu
1976 CJ7 

It seems like my main problem is that the gaskets have turned to glue. After I removed the four bolts holding the fuel bowl and metering block to the throttle body. After that even getting the fuel bowl off was a pain because the gasket between it and the metering block had turned to glue. Or someone had really used glue on the gaskets. This seems to be the same problem with the metering block. I don't want to get too rough with it because I don't want to damage the metering block or the throttle body. Anyone have any suggestions how I can get the metering block off? Is there something I can use that will dissolve the glue-like gaskets?
Unread 11-04-2013, 07:41 AM   #3
Skerr
<*////><

1985 CJ7 

Good carb. Very commonly used in roundy-round. 550(?) CFM. Had one on my 258, but it was too much. But I didn't rebuild it. Did you find it at the JY??

But the right word at the right time... "Hey, give me a little hug!" That's the difference between lightning and a harmless lightning bug!
Skerr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-04-2013, 11:35 AM   #4
jubocu
1976 CJ7 

A previous owner put it on. Seems like I'm the first one to rebuild it. It also seems pretty straight forward to rebuild. There's definitely some carbon and gunk build up but very little corrosion. If the metering block want stuck on there I'd probably have it rebuilt by now. I just don't know how to pry it off the throttle body without damaging one or the other or both. I know all that's holding it on is the gasket that turned to glue. Or is glue.
Unread 11-04-2013, 12:35 PM   #5
Skerr
<*////><

1985 CJ7 

I would try soaking it in some carb cleaner overnight. Maybe it will break it loose.

But the right word at the right time... "Hey, give me a little hug!" That's the difference between lightning and a harmless lightning bug!
Skerr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.