Hole in firewall where a/c lines were - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Hole in firewall where a/c lines were

Looking to re-gear?! CRAZY DEALS ON YUKON GEARS right here2014 Spartan Locker Special - While Supplies Last! Dana 3OPTIC ARMOR WINDOWS all sale now !!!!!!!!

Unread 11-16-2011, 02:17 PM   #1
stingercub2
1983 CJ7 

Hole in firewall where a/c lines were

Does anyone have any good ideas on how to plug the Hole left behind in the firewall after the A/C lines were removed. I filled the rubber boot with silicone for know but I sure would love a solid rubber boot or maybe a good homemade solution.

stingercub2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-16-2011, 03:10 PM   #2
baldfatdad

I actually found a rubber piece that fit there from a junk yard jeep. Other that that you could take a piece of sheet metal, caulk it and screw in on from the engine side.
baldfatdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-16-2011, 03:19 PM   #3
keith460
Jeep. There's Only One

1984 CJ7 

Jeep CJ's without A/C had a oval shaped flat plate to cover the firewall opening that was sealed to the tub with Body Sealant.

I'll check to see if I have a picture of it.

Restoration Thread:http://www.jeepsunlimited.com/forums...d.php?t=434226
keith460 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.