His and hers cj7's - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > His and hers cj7's

G2 Disc Brake Conversion Kit for Jeep Wrangler YJ TJ LJ ChBestop underseat lock boxes @ oconee off road 706 534 9955Oconee Off-Road Now Offering Zone Off-Road Products!!!

Unread 02-05-2013, 04:29 AM   #31
nshefbuch
1982 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by hutch1200
Very, very nice work Sir! You gots skillz, indeed. May I beg a question? I wanna tilt my nose the same way hers' is, back. However, I'm afraid the tires will rub the back of the fenders. I have a 4" SUA and a 1" BL and want to run 35" BFG ATs.
What setup is on her CJ that it can tilt back, 'cuz that looks like some serious rubber there. 1st post says 4" & 35s? Shackles look stock & I don't see a body lift. No SOA? Am I right? Thanks for any help and specs you can share.
Keep the pics coming. You should be VERY proud of your fab work!
Btw, you guys w/wives that can't drive stick? You don't t know how lucky you are. My wife will have her little bag of Potpourri hanging from the reavriew! And she has a lead foot too. That last part helps when buying speed parts! Either way though, we are all blessed w/women that put up w/this money hole hobby.
Hers has a 4" SUA lift and 35's old Mickey claws first edition. They do rub if the tires are turned some when trying to lift the front up. Wheels have to be straight and then they don't rub at all when lifting up the front end. The suspension lift was already on their and is fairly new so it doesn't flex well at all. I believe it's superlift brand. Rear shocks were missing upper bushings so haven't decided what I'm doing on rear shocks yet.

She can drive a stick but mine has to much power for her so I lucked out getting her own cj to drive. She has helped me some too. She sanded down the roll bar and helped me install it. She helped me hold the upper shock mount while I tacked it in place. She wants to help more but knows she can't on some things.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.