His and hers cj7's - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > His and hers cj7's

Currie Antirock, Currectlync & Lift Kits on Sale!Oconee Off-Road Free Shipping Lifts Tires Bumpers Tops andIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 02-06-2012, 05:52 PM   #1
nshefbuch
1982 CJ7 

His and hers cj7's

My wife grew up going to car shows as her dad has always owned and built many muscle cars. His current and only one is a 69 judge that he finished 5 years ago. She loves going for rides in my jeep and loves mudding too. We drove away in my old cj5 4 years ago when we got married. She talked me into buying a cj7 2.5 years ago which I have now on full widths and 37's. So recently my best friend decided to sell me his cj7 (cheap) that we've redone together as he knows my wife has always wanted it. So now she owns one. The first pic is from our wedding. Second is both my jeeps together and then next is my cj7 as of now(sold the cj5) and lastly is her new jeep.

Hers is a 77 cj7 with complete fiberglass body and one piece front end. 304 and quadratrac drivetrain. 4" lift and redone and new everything. Has old school 35"x 15.5 baja claws. Only thing needing attended to is small patch on frame.

image-58423058.jpg   image-3383852339.png   image-2319586610.jpg   image-1530300552.jpg   image-3996861239.jpg  

image-586154242.jpg  
Unread 02-06-2012, 06:23 PM   #2
John87
1985 CJ7 

very nice!
John87 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-06-2012, 09:45 PM   #3
ejeeperguy
1982 CJ7 

It's only way to go.I have a 82 cj7 ,got the wife a 90 YJ and life is bliss.
ejeeperguy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-06-2012, 09:56 PM   #4
RobsCrawlin7
no balls

2001 TJ Wrangler 

nice family! i cant wait to build the mrs a Jeep. she wants a scrambler or xj. I think I would be jealous if she got an 8 lol.
'79 CJ7 sold
'82 CJ7 parted
'89 MJ sold

SSG David Mejias, SSG Eric Vick, SGT William Bowling, SGT Robert McDowell
1 April 2007
Rest In Peace Brothers
RobsCrawlin7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-06-2012, 09:58 PM   #5
wellmax
1984 CJ7 

great looking jeeps,
you are a lucky dude,

when i brought home my old 1984 cj-7, I took mama bear for a short ride,

she said, "its windy, smelly, and noisy, you wanted this why?"

when she said that, I knew it was a keeper, she is a good girl, just not an open air vehicle rider.

however, the grandkids love the old jeep,
wellmax is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-07-2012, 05:27 AM   #6
nshefbuch
1982 CJ7 

Thanks guys. We were dating when I bought the first cj5 and showed up mid snow winter at her house to show her and take her for a ride(no top or heater). It was completely stock and camo painted(badly done) and she looked at me and said, she is never riding in it. Before she saw it she put on a coat and I laughed and said better get your carharts on! Summer came and I painted it, took her for a ride and she loved it. I'll post more pics of hers. The dash and steering column were gutted and completely redone. My buddy and I painted it in my garage just over a year ago. He recently just did the blazer heater upgrade too. I plan on getting bumper stickers saying HIS on mine and HERS on hers. She'll be driving it to car shows this summer too
Unread 02-07-2012, 10:45 AM   #7
SCJeepr
1982 CJ8 

Dude you are lucky! My long term goal is to have one for every member of the family. My boy turns one on Thursday. I am currently working on a project with my dad that is an 80 CJ7 w/ 304 that will be his when he gets old enough. My wife will only drive one in the summer with the top off going to the lake and pool and stuff with the kids and dog but it will have to be an auto for her so it will probably be an JK Unlimited when the time comes just for ease with the kids.
Unread 02-07-2012, 12:04 PM   #8
nshefbuch
1982 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCJeepr
Dude you are lucky! My long term goal is to have one for every member of the family. My boy turns one on Thursday. I am currently working on a project with my dad that is an 80 CJ7 w/ 304 that will be his when he gets old enough. My wife will only drive one in the summer with the top off going to the lake and pool and stuff with the kids and dog but it will have to be an auto for her so it will probably be an JK Unlimited when the time comes just for ease with the kids.
Thanks, that's why my buddy sold it to me. His has an auto and she drove it last year to get mulch as we were working on mine and she loved it. He has thrush mufflers on it so it sounds awesome and being dukes of hazard orange and she's a chick she got a ton of looks driving it only once. She came home and asked him if she could just take it for a cruise and she was hooked. We spent all last summer getting it to drive nice and straight so now it can be driving daily and on interstate all with wide 35's.

As for your son, i wouldn't be so quick to let him drive a nice cj for his first vehicle. You know new drivers and how they wreck the first car usually. You have a thread on it? I'll look
Unread 02-07-2012, 12:50 PM   #9
SCJeepr
1982 CJ8 

Yeah not so much on it being "his" vehicle as much as mine that he gets to drive on special occasions, club cruises, car shows......until maybe it becomes "his" after a college graduation or something. That is a very long term plan at least. I have a build thread on my scrambler but since the CJ7 is in my dad's garage I haven't done as good of a job chronicalling it as I did the 8. Here is the link to my 8.....very proud of it!

http://www.cj-8.com/forum/showthread.php?t=29333

Here is the 7 when we got it and a few progression pics.
When we picked it up...

Parked with mine at my house....

Wheels and Tires (original CJ Chrome Waggon Wheels w/ 33x12.50 BFG AT's)....

New factory interior that I scored from a buddy and new console.....

new shackles and shocks

New Hard Top and Full Doors
Unread 02-07-2012, 12:57 PM   #10
SCJeepr
1982 CJ8 

LOVING THE ORANGE BY THE WAY!!!!!!!!! I am a Clemson Tiger man myself!! Notice my son's hat.
Unread 02-07-2012, 02:27 PM   #11
Renegade82
Web Wheeler

1982 CJ7 

That's cool. My wife and I both had CJ-7's (80&82) when we got married and I regret never having taken pictures of them together, and I only have one partial pic of hers at all. She had gotten another one a little over a decade ago but has since sold that as well, and I can only find one pic of that!
Renegade82 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-07-2012, 02:43 PM   #12
nshefbuch
1982 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCJeepr
LOVING THE ORANGE BY THE WAY!!!!!!!!! I am a Clemson Tiger man myself!! Notice my son's hat.
I checked out your cj8. That is real nice. My favorite jeep is a scrambler with a stretched wheelbase. But after my cj7 ever finishes I won't build another jeep even if I ever found a scrambler cheap enough.
Unread 07-01-2012, 05:47 PM   #13
nshefbuch
1982 CJ7 

Had to change all battery cables today and got a 1k cranking Amps interstate battery.

Next is fixing gas gauge and adjusting carb.
image-3302560790.jpg   image-4208694375.jpg  
Unread 07-01-2012, 07:24 PM   #14
1983 CJ7 

I saw the pics in the "...do to your CJ today" thread, I like your wife's Jeep and yours is not bad either
Unread 07-01-2012, 07:25 PM   #15
Skerr
<*////><

1985 CJ7 

I gotta own at least ONE CJ with full-width axles!! Cool pics and great story. I just picked up a rusty 3B for restoring, and my wife says it's hers!

But the right word at the right time... "Hey, give me a little hug!" That's the difference between lightning and a harmless lightning bug!
Skerr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.