high pressure fuel pump for injected engine conversion - Page 6 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > high pressure fuel pump for injected engine conversion

Black Friday Sale - Deep Discounts from ExtremeTerrain.com6th Annual, Beat Your Wife to the Credit Card Sale!FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome Effect

Unread 05-16-2010, 12:41 AM   #76
cprats
1998 TJ Wrangler 

fix to more psi is a 2005 jeep tank and pump

I am running a LQ9 2006 chevy 6.0 in a 98 wrangler. I was told many have just removed the regulator valve in the stock pump with success. Not so in my case. It lasted one month. Now I am going to try a Genright enduro tank for 2005 jeep with a 2005 pump(59psi) I am told by steve from Advanced adapters that it should work great. After reading all these replys, I am thinking about attaching a booster pump just in case like the airtech mentioned. I did notice with the previous setup on hills, the power was lacking.

any advice
chris

cprats is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-02-2013, 07:45 PM   #77
jeepboy45
1979 CJ7 

fuel tank / pump question

jfwireless ..... I am reviving this thread.....

Installing a Holley projection setup on my 79 CJ7 with a 360. As we all know Holley specifies the pump be installed below tank level.... Not happening since there is no part of my frame sitting below my 20 gallon poly tank I got from a mid 80's CJ...

After reading this post from way back, I began to wonder about swapping in a tank similar to what you did. I love the idea of the factory in-tank fuel pump. I have a line on a 15 gallon poly tank from a 1995 Wrangler(ok, I actually bought it already--- but wont see it for many days).... Will this swap equally as well as the one you did???

I really hope so...

jfwireless, thanks for the post regarding this issue. If it works, it will resolve a lot of issues I've been concerned about...

Thanks for reading... hope you're still an active member.

brian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfwireless View Post
I am running TBI, but I used a 15 gallon TBI 1990 YJ tank in my 76 CJ. I had to rotate the tank 180 degrees as the fuel lines and vent lines are on opposite sides of the tank. I needed the larger return line 5/16 and liked the3/8 inch fuel line as well with the YJ tank. It also has a baffle in the bottom of the tank and an internal fuel pump. I used marine fuel line for connections to the YJ filler cap. I also installed a YJ taillight harness with the fuel pump/sender connector so I could have the fuel pump power in the rear body harness. I used to have an external carter P5001 pump, but I had to much back pressure with the 1/4 inch return line. The YJ 15 gallon tank went right in where the CJ tank was with no issues. The YJ TBI in tank pump is a really high pressure pump, so it might work for your high pressure fuel system. If you could get one you could sit it on the floor and plumb it up to see if it would work out OK. I just do not care to hang a high pressure fuel pump on the bottom of my CJ, it just doesn't seem like a good idea.

Jim
jeepboy45 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.