Hi-Lift mounting base - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Hi-Lift mounting base

Introducing MONSTALINER UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome Effect

Unread 06-28-2002, 08:37 AM   #1
GabrielCJ7

Hi-Lift mounting base

Hi there again, im working in my cj7s chassis erasing any rust it have, im going into a 60" Hi-Lift, and need help about how it can be installed, i would prefer mounted in the back side, near the spare tire, is this a good position??? but need info about, thxs a lot.

Unread 06-28-2002, 10:51 AM   #2
Steelhead

I wouldn't get a 60" high lift if it were me, I have a 48" high lift and have never needed more lenght. A 60' high lift would have to be mounted verticle and you most likely would have problems with overhead clearance like fitting into a garage or parking facility. I have my 48" mounted verticly and I can fit into my garage and parking facilities with out any problem.The only other way that I can think of to mount a 60" without any clearance problems would be to mount it on an angle putting the base at the rear of the Jeep and the top angled and connected to the top of the roll bar. Off hand I don't know if this would interfer with a top though.
Steelhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-28-2002, 01:09 PM   #3
GabrielCJ7

Thanxs Steel, ill think about it, and one more question 48s enought for this tire size (35)???, the need of hi-lift is only in case of lift the jeep not heavy 4x4 use...
Unread 06-28-2002, 01:58 PM   #4
CJeep
Alpha dog

1982 CJ8 

I ageee w/ Steelhead. 48" is plenty. You should anyway be lugging around a good pice of all-purpose 4x4 scrap wood (mine's pressure treated - my tub is rotting faster than it). This not only serves as helpful base, but that's 4" extra inches of lift if needed. A good wood block has about 100 other uses or so once out and about.

2004 Grand Limited 4.7 HO - OH Boy!

2010 Grand Laredo 5.7 Hemi - SICK - work vehicle -gone - replaced by an 08 Tahoe - nice ride.

"Both my Doberman and my Jeep can accurately be described as 'black and rust.'"

"I got a fever . . . and the only prescription is more cowbell"
CJeep is online now   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.