Herculiner or Line-x interior? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Herculiner or Line-x interior?

All Bilstein shocks & struts - Lowest Prices Ever and Santa Kolak Announces: Kolak Exhaust 20% Off Sale!Introducing MONSTALINERô UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 07-12-2003, 09:14 PM   #1
edge1

Herculiner or Line-x interior?

I have a quote for the interior of my CJ7 from Line-x for $450. Is it worth the money or should I just Herculine the interior a couple of times? I know the Line-x has the warranty, but will the Herc ($100-150) last and wear as good?

edge1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-13-2003, 11:50 PM   #2
awachwhiteboy
1975 CJ5 

I would go with the higher line x I have the herculiner and have not really had the chance to see how it lasts (Jeeps not done yet ) but if you dont have a it absolutly clean and scuffed up, the scuff pad they supply you with is a joke the stuff will start to peel off if hit not that hard. Not a great experiance so far, the line x i think is a finer media used than the herc which I liked now that I see the difference.
Sacramento Jeepers Group #1
awachwhiteboy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-14-2003, 03:09 AM   #3
EastTexasJeep

With either you need to get inside perfectly clean (rust-dirt-glue) and roughly sanded before applying. It doesnt like smooth, rusty or dirty but only clean and roughly sanded from my experience.
EastTexasJeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-17-2003, 12:23 PM   #4
40Below

I Herked my CJ7 2 months ago and I have a truck with LINEX that is 5 years old. The herk is ok for a jeep tub BUT dont expect it to hold up as well as LINEX or similar pro product. I have beat the truck bed with wood, rocks and steel scrap. The jeep tub has only had a jack and ice chest in it and I managed to chip/tear the liner in a couple of spots, the pluse is that I repaired it real easy. I would spend the extra cash and have it done next time.
84 CJ7 Laredo 258/T5 herced tub 86/D44 4.5"RE lift, 33Xterrains and a TWoods CV driveshaft Custom bumpers and tire rack.[COLOR=Blue]Blue Jeep Club #140[/COLOR]
40Below is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-17-2003, 07:56 PM   #5
dicknjane

Has anyone tried Rhino Liner on their tub? Is it comparable to Line-X....better worse?? Is the cost the same or would I expect to pay more? What type of surface preping do you have to do for them?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.