Herculiner or Line-x interior? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Herculiner or Line-x interior?

Spartan Locker Promo Running now @ ROCKRIDGE 4WD plus FREESave big with ExtremeTerrain.com's Top Spring Mods Sale!Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 07-12-2003, 08:14 PM   #1
edge1

Herculiner or Line-x interior?

I have a quote for the interior of my CJ7 from Line-x for $450. Is it worth the money or should I just Herculine the interior a couple of times? I know the Line-x has the warranty, but will the Herc ($100-150) last and wear as good?

edge1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-13-2003, 10:50 PM   #2
awachwhiteboy
1975 CJ5 

I would go with the higher line x I have the herculiner and have not really had the chance to see how it lasts (Jeeps not done yet ) but if you dont have a it absolutly clean and scuffed up, the scuff pad they supply you with is a joke the stuff will start to peel off if hit not that hard. Not a great experiance so far, the line x i think is a finer media used than the herc which I liked now that I see the difference.
Sacramento Jeepers Group #1
awachwhiteboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-14-2003, 02:09 AM   #3
EastTexasJeep

With either you need to get inside perfectly clean (rust-dirt-glue) and roughly sanded before applying. It doesnt like smooth, rusty or dirty but only clean and roughly sanded from my experience.
EastTexasJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-17-2003, 11:23 AM   #4
40Below

I Herked my CJ7 2 months ago and I have a truck with LINEX that is 5 years old. The herk is ok for a jeep tub BUT dont expect it to hold up as well as LINEX or similar pro product. I have beat the truck bed with wood, rocks and steel scrap. The jeep tub has only had a jack and ice chest in it and I managed to chip/tear the liner in a couple of spots, the pluse is that I repaired it real easy. I would spend the extra cash and have it done next time.
84 CJ7 Laredo 258/T5 herced tub 86/D44 4.5"RE lift, 33Xterrains and a TWoods CV driveshaft Custom bumpers and tire rack.[COLOR=Blue]Blue Jeep Club #140[/COLOR]
40Below is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-17-2003, 06:56 PM   #5
dicknjane

Has anyone tried Rhino Liner on their tub? Is it comparable to Line-X....better worse?? Is the cost the same or would I expect to pay more? What type of surface preping do you have to do for them?

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.