herculiner on body of cj - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > herculiner on body of cj

FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! SPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!Yukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon Zip

Unread 01-21-2002, 08:45 AM   #1
bodi

herculiner on body of cj

Wow, spent the weekend learning about my engine and much to my suprise it is running very well. Now I am starting to work on the body. The person before me had decided that he would use ALL of his herculiner. He lined the inside of the jeep which was really good BUT he also lined the door to the glove box, the grab handle and the area around the gages. Now I can live with this for the time being BUT he also lined the outside area of the jeep where you would put corner guards on the rear. It is done very nicely but I want to remove it. He also lined along the bottom area up 4 inches all the way down each side. Supposedly to give it a cool look. My question is this? How can I remove this. Do I use a scraper or is there some solvent that can be used. I will eventually repaint the jeep but I really do not want to do to much damage if I can help it. My other choice is to just leave it until I take it in to be painted. If you want to see a picture of what I am talking about email me and I will send you one. I am not sure on how to include it in this post.

83 CJ7 w/remanufactured jasper 258 I6 w/t-5, Weber carb, new exhaust, PS, PB, 2 1/2" Lift, 31" BFG's, herculined interior and s**t brown paint job (for now) "in to deep..but thats when it starts getting fun"
Brown Jeep Club Member #2
bodi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-22-2002, 10:24 AM   #2
Dustin Maschino

hey, i dont know how to get it off, but im thinking about putting a liner in the floor of my jeep, and im wantin to know if that brand is any good...
Dustin Maschino is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-22-2002, 10:52 AM   #3
bodi

i just bought the jeep in december. the herculiner was put in it in 1999 and from what i can tell it has help up very well. i took the seats out last weekend and cleaned the floor really well and i saw no wear on it. the only thing i would have changed is to use a different color than black as i can imagine it is going to get hot in the summer. i just ordered a gray carpet kit that you can put in and out without removing the seats so this should help.
83 CJ7 w/remanufactured jasper 258 I6 w/t-5, Weber carb, new exhaust, PS, PB, 2 1/2" Lift, 31" BFG's, herculined interior and s**t brown paint job (for now) "in to deep..but thats when it starts getting fun"
Brown Jeep Club Member #2
bodi is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.