Herculined complete jeep - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Herculined complete jeep

Jeep Wrangler Bushwacker Flat Fender Flare Sale at BaselinGear Installs at CCOR SpecialSavvy FOX IFP 4" Lift Shocks in Stock

Unread 01-02-2010, 11:14 PM   #1
dariopop
1980 CJ7 

Herculined complete jeep

Has anybody ever done or concidered Herculining an outside of a jeep,and never having to worry about scratching it ever again while off-roading, I saw a jeep hood that was done and it sure looked good,sure would be an easy touch-up if it did get scratched up whiile out in the woods.
Any veiws on this?
Thanks

Unread 01-02-2010, 11:22 PM   #2
kw89425
1986 CJ7 

i have been thinking about it you can do it in colors
kw89425 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-02-2010, 11:24 PM   #3
Bane7962

1998 XJ Cherokee 

guy i talked to about it basically sanded his paint off then did the whole thing, minus the plastics and the taillights.

im gonna do it once my paint gets so ****ty i cant deal with it anymore.
Bane7962 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-02-2010, 11:24 PM   #4
JeepnBlake
2004 TJ Wrangler 

There was a guy on here who bought a jeep like that and actually stripped all that stuff off.

Cheap paint is what i do.

Build Thread: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/j...thread-985907/
Dad's Build Thread: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/d...build-1474170/
OEM Fog Light Connectors, Conversions, and Extension Info:http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f20/o...ngler-1008928/
JeepnBlake is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-03-2010, 07:57 AM   #5
JavaTee
1979 CJ5 

I used Durabak (it already has UV block in the paint & comes in mulitple colors), with KBS coatings as a base after I wire wheeled the entire tub. Here's a couple of links, Cote-L Distribution Company Chassis Paint Kit - KBS All-In-One Chassis Kit - KBS Coatings

So far it's held up very well, two years plus. My CJ is a sun sitting/all weather, travel baby. It's been from the mountains (two weeks ago) through the salt spray from the roads, to the beach and the salt air.....so far so good.
I would recommend Durabak & KBS coatings to anyone.

Later, T.J.
JavaTee is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-03-2010, 08:38 AM   #6
Boodie
1961 CJ5 

Durabak and Herculiner both fade. No matter how much it says it has UV Blocker. I'm sure most of you know this just by looking at the inside of your tub (for those of you who have used it). I have used both, and a little Tire Foam brightens it right up! You might get some crazy looks at your local car wash standing there spraying your entire Jeep with Tire Foam, but it does work! LOL!

Just my 2 cents!
Unread 01-03-2010, 10:11 AM   #7
kp900
1984 CJ7 

Was up north this summer. Ran into a guy who did the inside black and the outside. Looked OK seems to hold the dirt on the outside, hard to clean? but if its always muddy does it matter?
kp900 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-03-2010, 12:40 PM   #8
nitor
1985 CJ7 

I used to spray bed liners. Used SEM bed liner. It can be made to match any color by adding paint to the tintable. I thought about spraying the outside of a CJ7 I had at the time. I never got around to it. I did spray several Jeep interiors. It looks good and hold up well. The interiors I sprayed were all black. I'll probably spray my interior someday.

Jim

1985 CJ7
nitor is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-03-2010, 02:11 PM   #9
poppatello
1984 CJ7 

I have thought about it too. I know a guy who owns a Line-X company and he said 900 to paint my jeep for me any color. He can even mix in metallic! He said he did one jeep like that and it came out sweet. I would think that it would be easy to clean if you use a pressure washer. However, I did the inside of my jeep and would never do it again. Not the easiest to clean. Water doesn't run out so the puddles turn to water stains once it does dry up. I like the Camo look on the jeep above. I have seen trucks with black and flat green. The all flat green I thought looked great. I'm planning on doing an orange color with a little blue or gray metallic. The biggest down fall is prep. Takes a lot of time if you want it to turn out good. If you pay someone like I will it can cost you which is why I plan to prep my own.

Paved Roads
A Fine Example of Needless Government Spending
Quote:
Originally Posted by berserker View Post

Sometimes it a good idea to pull a vacuum hose before the wife rides in it--you can tell her you need a new ____ and once you get your new ____ you can reconnect the hose. :)

84 Cj 7 w/ 4-Banger, 4.5" BDS lift, 1/2 Trans Drop, Twin Stick, 32" Tire, Front Aussie Locker, No Sound System Yet, No Armor, Warn 8274 Not Installed, Webber Carb Upgrade, Luckycheese Ing. Upgrade...

Last edited by poppatello; 01-03-2010 at 02:22 PM..
poppatello is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.