Help?!: What axle shafts do I have? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Help?!: What axle shafts do I have?

FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Clayton Off Road JK Short Arm Suspension Kits~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~

Unread 06-18-2003, 06:45 PM   #1
tino7

Help?!: What axle shafts do I have?

I'm trying to sell my front axle shafts on E-bay. I have a dana 30. Do I have narrow or wide track axle shafts? People are asking me but I don't know for sure. Any help is appreciated.
Thanks
Tino

tino7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-18-2003, 07:08 PM   #2
rustyCJ

'72-'81 = narrowtrack
'82-'86 = widetrack
Unread 06-19-2003, 08:43 AM   #3
CSP

Also, if they came out of a CJ5 they are narrow track no matter what year it is. No CJ5 ever had wide track axles.

Edit: Just measured a set of narrowtrack shafts I have and the short side inner shaft is 14 1/4" from the splined end to the center of the yoke where the ujoint goes. The long side is 27 3/16" measured the same way. Wide tracks will be about 2" longer per side. Outer shaft lengths don't matter since narrow and wide use the same outer.

Last edited by CSP; 06-19-2003 at 08:48 AM..
CSP is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.